PDA

View Full Version : Download "Autodesk Maya 2010" from 10th August

ajitsinghyadav
08-08-2009, 10:32 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4518/mayaentertainmentsuiteb.jpg

Those of you in Autodesk subscription will be able to download

Maya 2010 from Monday 10th August from the Autodesk Subscription Centre.

:- http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/public/index?siteID=11564774&id=11607975

imashination
08-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Wheres the torrent?

*ducks ;-)

ajitsinghyadav
08-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Wheres the torrent?

*ducks ;-)

If you have any difficulties logging into Subscription Centre or downloading the software once inside, please fill in this form.

http://subscription.autodesk.com/sc/local/enu/portal/vip/members/services/cschelp.jsp

tachy0n
08-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Any news on when Softimage will be available ?

danlefeb
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Just checked and I don't see it yet. Can't wait!

Pete2003
08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Currently using 2009 Complete on a subscription, so naturally, can't wait for this :) (If we were currently using Unlimited Id be a bit miffed though :) ).

Pete.

danlefeb
08-10-2009, 01:32 PM
(If we were currently using Unlimited Id be a bit miffed though :) ).

I'm currently on an unlimited contract so yeah, kinda sucks...but hey I'm getting Toxik for free so I can't complain too much!

beaker
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Your still getting an extra 5k in software even if you we're under Unlimited which isn't bad.

TopherMartini
08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
As of 10:40am PDT still not seeing it on the Autodesk Subscription site, was there a press release or email announcing the availability today?

alexentremont
08-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Here some reading while you're waiting: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/maya2010releasenotes.pdf

lazzhar
08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Your still getting an extra 5k in software even if you we're under Unlimited which isn't bad.
As long as it wont be an abandonware, or will have the fate of the old maya composer then it's more than welcome.

cheebamonkey
08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
As long as it wont be an abandonware, or will have the fate of the old maya composer then it's more than welcome.

or the funny Maya Fusion! I still wonder what clown came up with that idea!

(still not ready for download)

beaker
08-10-2009, 07:56 PM
As long as it wont be an abandonware, or will have the fate of the old maya composer then it's more than welcome.Well Maya Composer was an SGI only solution and Fusion was a Windows only solution. I think it was a good idea to scrap those two. Composer was already being far behind and being depreciated before Maya 1.0 even shipped.

TopherMartini
08-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Aside from the post above there doesn't appear to be any info from Autodesk saying that Maya 2010 is available via subscription today. Does anyone have a link to this info? Thanks!

benwatt
08-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Aside from the post above there doesn't appear to be any info from Autodesk saying that Maya 2010 is available via subscription today. Does anyone have a link to this info? Thanks!

Well, there's also this blog run by Autodesk support staff, which mentions today as the release date for subscription downloads: Maya Station (http://mayastation.typepad.com/maya-station/2009/08/getting-started-with-2010.html).

lazzhar
08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Well Maya Composer was an SGI only solution and Fusion was a Windows only solution. I think it was a good idea to scrap those two. Composer was already being far behind and being depreciated before Maya 1.0 even shipped.
Do you think Autodesk will invest more into toxik?
I'm just wondering because they say on their page that all toxik team has been moved to work on maya now !! If they are really like merging them or making the transision from one program to another seamless, that would be amazing.

ulb
08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm just wondering because they say on their page that all toxik team has been moved to work on maya now !! If they are really like merging them or making the transision from one program to another seamless, that would be amazing.What puzzles me about Autodesk's compositing apps is that they have too many apps at different levels.

They have toxik (now in maya) and combustion and also high-end flame and inferno.

This sucks because it is obvious to me that they will never try to improve drastically the cheap solution, which will always lack some features to avoid the conflict with high-end apps.

If they had only one compositing app, their interest would be to develop it as much as they could, but instead they have to maintain a gap between their own softwares, thus they have almost no interest in improving toxik or combustion with great new features.

DuttyFoot
08-10-2009, 10:23 PM
i found this on the blog link posted above

As for the blog, it may go a bit quiet for a week, as we'll no doubt be very busy in product support assisting people with installation and licensing issues, as Maya switches from FlexLM to ADLM - the Autodesk license manager software.

anyone have any idea on ADLM.

beaker
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm just wondering because they say on their page that all toxik team has been moved to work on maya now !! If they are really like merging them or making the transision from one program to another seamless, that would be amazing.Well Toxik is part of maya and is even called "Maya Compositor". So yea, by that very definition they are part of the Maya team. Whether or not it is an actual physical move may not be the case.

cheebamonkey
08-10-2009, 10:30 PM
MAYA 2010 is mooofoookin live!

alexentremont
08-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Almost 1 GB to download.

dren
08-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Ouch! That's a lot to download :surprised

danlefeb
08-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Sweet - downloading now! Just installed Windows 7 RTM from my MSDN subscription, so I'm very interested to see how the two new pieces of software play together! Subscriptions are great (sometimes) :D

Cometsoft
08-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Another thing that hasn't changed is the difficulty of even finding the download. I'm on sub and it sure isn't showing up where it's supposed to. Same thing last year. Had to go through some electronic fulfillment hoopla to even find the download. 2009 and 2008 are still there.

Annoying

danlefeb
08-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Another thing that hasn't changed is the difficulty of even finding the download.

Strange. I had no problem finding it under Product Downloads, then Download Your Product Software.

Cometsoft
08-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Strange. I had no problem finding it under Product Downloads, then Download Your Product Software.

That's where I went. I can be patient though, nothing that compelling looking about this upgrade. Bug fixes and better performance on Apple's crippled video drivers would be nice.

benwatt
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Just started downloading Maya 2010 just now. For those of you that don't see it listed, when logged into the Autodesk Subscription site, click on the 'My Profile' link and check to see what is listed under 'My Roles'. If it says anything other than 'Contract Manager' or 'Software Coordinator' then full product downloads are usually not available to that login.

This happened to me for the first time last year when Maya 2009 came out as I'd somehow been given two very similar Subscription accounts when Alias was taken over by Autodesk.

One (the account I usually logged in with and had been fine in the past) was listed as just an 'End User', but the other (which I didn't know even existed until I contacted Autodesk support) was my email address rather than the username I'd used in the past, but with the same password. That second one had me listed as 'Contract Manager' and that's the account that gives me access to the 'Product software'.

Pete2003
08-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Ah, thats useful Ben -Im going to get on to the IT dept who I think are down as the contract manager :shrug:

Pete.

[EDIT: No luck, still doesnt show up on the contract manager's account either.]

benwatt
08-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Ah, thats useful Ben -Im going to get on to the IT dept who I think are down as the contract manager :shrug:

Pete.

[EDIT: No luck, still doesnt show up on the contract manager's account either.]

Very odd that it would be available for some and not others. It's sometimes a confusing enough site even when things are there. Just so that everyone knows where they should be looking, the page that I currently see and have downloaded Maya 2010 from is https://autodesk.subscribenet.com/control/adsk/index

PerryDS
08-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I downloaded the application, but is there suppose to be some activation serial number and product key emailed?

sherridge101
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi benwatt (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=48153),

We only see maya 2009 on that page.

We've posted a case at Autodesk and the first reply said that we get the download from this same page and when we said we only see maya 2009 we had an email saying that our Support Request has been escalated to Autodesk Business Centre.

Last year we had an ftp download of maya 2009.

Cheers,

Steve

kevinseven
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Same here. Product Support told me I should see 2010 on the "Current Releases" tab but all I see is 2009 on a "Previous Releases" tab.

Autodesk Business Support told me 2010 would be available sometime between the 18th and the 22nd and that I shouldn't bug them until the 22nd.

PerryDS
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Funny ... I have it downloaded, but unsure how I acquire a serial number and product code to get it running. It is under current app tab for my subscription.

danlefeb
08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Funny ... I have it downloaded, but unsure how I acquire a serial number and product code to get it running. It is under current app tab for my subscription.

I was told by customer support that the serial numbers won't be ready 'til around the 18th. You should be able to install a 30-day trial without a serial number.

TopherMartini
08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I was told by customer support that the serial numbers won't be ready 'til around the 18th. You should be able to install a 30-day trial without a serial number.
Thought something like this would be the case, but according to the new software download FAQ any existing serial number should work… right?
8. Is there a serial number tied to the download?
A downloaded product will work with any serial number. When a product upgrade is released, Autodesk will send the customer copies of the old serial number, the new serial number, and the number of seats. The customer can download once and install on several computers limited to the number of licenses they have. The serial number is in the upgrade notification email that was sent to the software coordinator for the product. Customers can also verify their serial number in the subscription coverage report.
The product key is the first five digits of the product part number, which was available in the MID.txt file inside the downloaded disk image from the subscription center. Unfortunately using the new product key and an existing Maya 2009 serial number fails activation.

Filled out a support ticket on the subscription center but am presuming they'll say the same thing they told you. Oh well, here's to a 30-day trial while things get sorted out :D

alexentremont
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm running 2010 in trial mode too, because (obviously) the 2009 SN and key don't work, and the 2010 keys aren't yet available in the subscription site.

danlefeb
08-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I just checked and my 2010 serial number/product key is available. woot!!

edit: I know it may be different for others depending on your role in the contract, but as contract manager I went to the coverage report, I had to click on the contract number link to see the serial # and product key at the bottom.

cheebamonkey
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I just got mine too!

Samuka3000
08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
beside free apps is there any good reason to 'upgrade' to 2010? :rolleyes:

Tobbe
08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi, has anyone else made notice of the "Six-month trial license of Mudbox 2009" offer on the subscription site (in the product add-ons list)? Is this how we "unlimited users" get compensated for the unlimited/complete merge maybe?? :surprised

Edit: Add "ImageModeler 2009" to this aswell.

Tobbe

danlefeb
08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
@Tobbe yes, I noticed that as well. I'm downloading Image Modeler 2009 now!

benwatt
08-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi, has anyone else made notice of the "Six-month trial license of Mudbox 2009" offer on the subscription site (in the product add-ons list)? Is this how we "unlimited users" get compensated for the unlimited/complete merge maybe?? :surprised

Edit: Add "ImageModeler 2009" to this aswell.

Tobbe

Yes, just spotted them just now - they weren't there earlier. Very interesting indeed, I imagine they could get a lot of people hooked on Mudbox over a six month period.

As for it compensating "unlimited users", I'm afraid I'm one of those lucky 'Complete' folk, so it's not a specific benefit for you!

SFDD
08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm a Softimage subscription holder and I recently saw the Mudbox and Image Modeler offerings too. The only trick is that when you try to register Image Modeler, it asks for a product key plus the serial number. The serial number they give you, but I didn't see a product key anywhere. I emailed to ask, but never heard back.

Edit: Okay, I see they've now added the product key in the download area, so all is fine. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.