PDA

View Full Version : Transformer Effect and build up objects

Uniliberty
08-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've seen lots of promotions and idents on TV of buildings, walls, objects and fonts etc .. that build up piece by piece, something like the the movie (transformers) when the robot changes from the car state into the robot state. and I what known this that it was made in Maya.

I was wondering if you can help me on putting me on the right direction, is it a MEL script, or a plugin.

please help.

Thanks

KielFiggins
08-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Getting a building or static object to go from pieces to completition is more straight forward then a robotic transformation.

One way to achieve the building effect is create the building in its final state. Set a key on rotate and translate on the meshes. Move earlier in the timeline and tear it apart into piles or debris with auto key on. When you scrub the timeline you'll notice that it goes from debris to completion in a uniform fashion. From there you can either by hand or write a small key offset script, that will adjust the two set keys to be sequencially offset from one piece to the next.

Pretty much making one piece go from the ground to the final destination, then a few frames later, doing the same with another piece, and so on.

You can reduce the time to make it build faster, key inbetween, have the foundation build first or the interior framing, ect.

Hope this helps.

Uniliberty
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks Allot for helping,

I'll give it a shot.

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.