PDA

View Full Version : Base Mesh Replacement Plan...??? :)

shahabsy
08-08-2009, 09:03 AM
hey guys, I modeled a head in 3dsmax and without unwrapping it. I exported it to ZB and sculpted it to develop my ZB skill. I have my desired results and want to texture it and render it in max/mental ray. but when i export my base mesh without any subD level in max as Obj. and unwrape it in max and come back in ZB to export my normal and displacement map. All the sculpted details are lost. I made a mistake by adding details in my model without unwrapping it. Now i want to fix it. I don't know how to....

My Question is: is there any way to replace the scupted base model with new unwrapped model without loosing sculpted detials.

both based models are same. first model is not unwraped and second one is unwrapped.

Shahab.

MikeTon
08-09-2009, 05:23 AM
It sounds like the issue is how to introduce UV edits to your sculpted model. If that's the case you simply need to import the .OBJ version with the correct UV with your sculpted model set, to "over-write" the current corresponding subdivision level mesh.

Just remember that all your UV co-ordinates need to be normalized(less than 1.0 in both U and V axis), otherwise Zbrush will freak out. Here's hoping that helps<g>.

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2009, 05:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.