PDA

View Full Version : controling environments reclections with Mia?

ronaldomiranda
08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi guys!

i am in a simple situation that i need some light :

I am lighting a exterior scene, using physical sun/sky, and how you already know
the glasses take all environment and reflect it, so you get all that BLUE color from the sky...

i need reflect the objects that are close to the windows, but i do need use a image map for reflect the rest, otherwise i will get that eternal blue color.

1. to set up second environment reflections?
I tried some environment shaders and didnt work...

I want reflect both the closed objects and the image map...

is that possible?

thanx in advance

ronaldomiranda
08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
please...

is that possible with some mr shader?

Wonderer
08-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Enviroment ray switch from the production shaders does just that, you only need to map a mip_mirrorball to it.

ronaldomiranda
08-09-2009, 11:49 AM
hey mate, thanx for the tip!

it was hidden by default :)

but i still didnt got it:

cause if i map the environment switch to the camera mental ray section, i lost the connection with the physical sky ( but i still want the sun on the scene)

and if i map a new image to the background, i see it on the final render, but not in reflections

:(

maybe i still didnt get it

ytsejam1976
08-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe you use this metod: Create the semisphere with normal inverse, the old meotd, with a map on diffuse bla bla bla and write and run this on the script editor:

addAttr -ln "miFinalGatherHide" -at bool pSphereShape1;

or any name you have on your sphere shape.

Ops..... after this, you have on the extra of the sphereShape this attribute than you check on.
ciao

ronaldomiranda
08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
oh

seens i found a workaround using the mip_rayswitch_advanced!

thans Wanderer!

ronaldomiranda
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM
thanx for the help too ytsejam1976 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=324120)!!

btw more than 700 already!

i am getting TALKATIVE :D

Wonderer
08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Glad I could help... :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.