PDA

View Full Version : Increasing zbrush sculpting performance

avak
08-05-2009, 01:53 PM
my system has 8 gig ram but when I reach to near 23 - 27 m poly it takes a long time to compact and reading memory.
meanwhile I increase mem option to:
compact mem : 4096
but nothing changed
so my question is :

1>if there is any script or plugin ,or any tweaking methods in operation system (xp 64 in my case) to increase reading /writing memory in zbrush ?

2>does cpu speed and vga memory make a lot of change in zbrush peformance?

thanks for you reply

eblondin
08-06-2009, 12:42 AM
1>if there is any script or plugin ,or any tweaking methods in operation system (xp 64 in my case) to increase reading /writing memory in zbrush ?
nope. there is nothing more you can do, you should be damn proud of a ~23 million mark with stable performance. You are hitting the cap of what zb3x can do. What are you expecting to hit? 500 million or something? :)

2>does cpu speed and vga memory make a lot of change in zbrush peformance?
zbrush does not use the video card to help performance at all. and yes, of course CPU speed effects performance greatly.

Totyo
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Something which can help to shorten the compat mem time is a fast hard drive. a SSD hard drive may be better (but more expensive).

WyattHarris
08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Unless things have changed, ZB 3.1 is still 32-bit. Raising the memory to a high level won't make much difference beyond a certain point. This is one of the critical updates a lot of us are hoping is coming with 3.5.

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.