PDA

View Full Version : mograph & vfx reel.

KevinJW
08-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi,

Just finished my first reel. I'd love to know what you think. I still consider it a work in progress, but everyone seem to think it's done now.

The Reel (http://www.virtualmatter.org/reel.html)
--
My Site (http://www.virtualmatter.org/)

I'd also like to know what aspect of vfx you think I should concentrate on. I have one year of school left, and don't want to waste it. I come from an "interactive design" background so I'm new to vfx (last year or so).

I've already had a few suggestions, but I'd love some more comments.

Thanks so much for your time.

--
Sincerely,
Kevin W.

jlega
08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Kevin,
You have some really nice stuff on your demo. I really like the composite build for VROOM (futuristic Cars). I saw your resume I noticed your still in school, Keep up the good work and don't stop learning.

KevinJW
08-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks! I still have a lot to learn but it's a blast. Thanks for the encouragement.

--
Sincerely,
Kevin W.

gameSedit
08-06-2009, 08:02 PM
hi kevin, that was really good...loved most of the shots.. its been a year now since i got out of school and started workin and what i have learnt is if you hav skills to get the look and simulation of basic elements like water, fire, smoke, dust etc.. properly then you are good to do any kind of effects.. and i guess you need to concentrate more on it.. cheers mate.

aRTCy
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Impressive reel. Nice work!

KevinJW
08-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the comments and advice. The feedback is very much appreciated.

--
Sincerely,
Kevin W.

kevinw
08-07-2009, 05:10 AM
From one kevinw to another that was some impressive work. I think the last two shots were some of your weaker stuff though. The crash is a good start but IMHO you need a better smoke sim for that to be "reel" worthy, considering the level of you other work. And the last shot with the snowboard is perfectly fine but not all that fancy and maybe not the best thing to end your reel with. Also, there's a short playblast of the model for the underground tunnel sequence. That feels a little weird being in there cause it's so brief and doesn't have much detail.

Keep at it for sure though,

-kevinw

KevinJW
08-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Thanks! Good crit.

The model and the smoke sim were both on my "fix it or drop it" list. Your actually the first person to find those :)

Thanks for the feedback, it really does help.

--
Sincerely,
Kevin W.

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2009, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.