PDA

View Full Version : Noob-attack ^^ (maya 2009 render passes)

leonar3d
08-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi guys.

I'm using maya 2009 on a mac.

I'm relativ new to render passes. I saw that maya 2009 has al those built in render passes in the render settings and it's pretty fast to set up. HOWEVER: when i render normally with the "render current frame" feature i need like 5 minutes for each frame. As soon as I use the render passes a frame needs something like 25 minutes....... Is that normal?!? I'm rendering beauty, specular, reflections, depth. Is it faster if i render them in the conventional way by setting up render layers and using overrides?!?

thanks Leonard

P.S. are these presets for the render passes any good? e.g. I realized that the depth channel isn't much useful since I haven't any control on the clipping distance etc. Therefore for depth I started using volume fog to create my z-depth.

P.S.S. When I have a glowing effect, is there a preset to render only the glow?!? I tried the "glow source" pass but it renders just some kind of greyscale image...

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2009, 02:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.