PDA

View Full Version : HW render wont do 2k

Aikiman
08-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Anyone had this problem where the HW renderer wont render 2 or 4k resolution and just defaults to something like 460x460? The setting is in the attributes editor right for HW rendering?!

Does it have to do with my crappy graphics card?

cgbeige
08-04-2009, 03:36 AM
are you on your Mac mini? if yes, then that's why.

Aikiman
08-04-2009, 04:16 AM
What because of the graphics card? no im not using a mac mini.

altruizine
08-04-2009, 01:37 PM
you need to check "Full Image Resolution" in the attributes of the HW render buffer if that's what you're using.

I don't know what the issue would be if you're using Maya Hardware for the rendering.

-JF

Aikiman
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
you need to check "Full Image Resolution" in the attributes of the HW render buffer if that's what you're using.

I don't know what the issue would be if you're using Maya Hardware for the rendering.

-JF

That worked! Thanks a lot for that. In terms of rendering quite a few frames if I am using a low end graphics card, could this cause my system to crash? I noticed to HW renderer start to slow down after 250 frames so im unsure as how this process works actually. Does the card save each file to disc each frame or does it use RAM until the job is finished?

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.