PDA

View Full Version : 'MudWalker ' & 'ReLight' Plug-ins for Mudbox 2010

DarthWayne
08-03-2009, 07:40 PM
'MudWalker ' and ReLight' Plug-ins for Mudbox 2010

MudWalker video (http://www.vimeo.com/5911560)

Relight Video (http://www.vimeo.com/5912529)

Price: FREE (studios with over 5 artists do have to pay though)

These are two plug-ins I've been writing 'off grid' for the last 2 1/2 months for Mudbox 2010's release. I'm going to let the videos do the talking and explaining on this one. ;)

These plugins will ONLY be available for download from mudboxhub.com from as soon as mud2k10 is publicly available.

Enjoy.

Wayne
PS mudbox users may want to head over to the area to see my siggraph masterclass for Autodesk which shows mud2k10 in action along with these plugins.

Airflow
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Remember that beer I owed you, now its a pack of beer. Great work, and also how very generous of you...

DarthWayne
08-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Remember that beer I owed you, now its a pack of beer. Great work, and also how very generous of you...

Now a pack of beer I can live with. ;)

Wayne...

FRimasson
08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
It reminds me of Zborntoy, a relighting After effect plugins that use Zbrush pictures

hanskloss
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Wayne, great work mate!! Do you think its possible to build a retopologizing tool with the SDK? :)

DarthWayne
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
It reminds me of Zborntoy, a relighting After effect plugins that use Zbrush pictures

Yeah it has its similarities, however noral relighting has been a standard technique for years. I'm pretty sure tarons plug didn't do normal relighting...although its been years so I could be in error.

Wayne...

DarthWayne
08-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Wayne, great work mate!! Do you think its possible to build a retopologizing tool with the SDK? :)

Its possible, but not from me. :) My retop pipeline is aready set. :)

Wayne...

ndog
08-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Its possible, but not from me. :) My retop pipeline is aready set. :)

Wayne...

And that would be? :)

hanskloss
08-05-2009, 09:12 PM
And that would be? :)

Wayne is one of the lucky few that has TopoGun. There are no standalone retopologizing applications out there. zBrush offers a solution, but its a bit quirky and there is an option to retopoligize in 3ds max with the new tool set but I can't imagine bringing in a 2 million poly mesh into max and trying to retopo it.

musashidan
08-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Wayne is one of the lucky few that has TopoGun. There are no standalone retopologizing applications out there. zBrush offers a solution, but its a bit quirky and there is an option to retopoligize in 3ds max with the new tool set but I can't imagine bringing in a 2 million poly mesh into max and trying to retopo it.

The new pro-optimiser mod is a gift.

MrJames
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM

There is always Cyslice, although its pretty expensive, was around waaaay before topogun.

Airflow
08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I use Topogun, tis truely great. There is a free retopo script for max I also use, and Wrapit is soonj to be out, so loads to use. But Id still love a kick ass RT in mudbox. One where you can paint edgeloops with different brushes for different densitys or somthin loike that.

MrJames
08-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Something that could rebuild your levels would be good too, not sure how possible that is with the SDK though.

Magnus3D
08-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Interesting plugins for sure, maybe these will make Mudbox a more popular alternative.. who knows. One thing that struck me is the name of it 'Mudwalker', it reminds me of the relatively popular activity in UK called mudlarking. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8161000/8161223.stm

/ Magnus

Cheesestraws
08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
it reminds me of the relatively popular activity in UK called mudlarking. :)

I am not sure you could class that as relatively popular. :p

Unless of course it just has not reached where I live yet, we are a little backwards here.

Mayuresh-Salunke
08-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Excellent work there,wayne.I hope you write lot more interesting plugins for mudbox in future.

Best,
Mayuresh

klingspor
08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I just wanted to chime in since it may not be entirely obvious and the video about Relight doesn't contain a link: The software used here to do the actual relighting in After Effects is my free plug-in Normality (http://www.minning.de/software/normality), which can also be used without Mudbox or Wayne's new Relight plug-in.

Cheers!

DarthWayne
08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I just wanted to chime in since it may not be entirely obvious and the video about Relight doesn't contain a link: The software used here to do the actual relighting in After Effects is my free plug-in Normality (http://www.minning.de/software/normality), which can also be used without Mudbox or Wayne's new Relight plug-in.

It was mentioned it in the video but thought it'd be easy to find the link plug it'll be linked to prominantly with the plugin on release. The ReLight Plugin prepares the passes and opens after effects and gets everything ready to use Normality for Mudbox users. ReLight is an automation plugin. I've made sure you and the plug-in are credited every step of the way (also why I gave you the heads up via email.)

Wayne...

klingspor
08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
No worries, Wayne!

DarthWayne
08-08-2009, 11:43 PM
MudWalker - There and Back again..... on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/6006898)

This video shows an alpha build of the import into mud (this will be automated and tweaked for version 2).

Shows taking a mesh and changing topology before importing and recreating the model from it. (This is the part will change for Version 2 of MudWalker and be a single click).

Wayne...

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2009, 11:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.