PDA

View Full Version : What Maya courses are there in London?

Andrewmc
07-31-2009, 03:14 PM
I am looking to get into 3D animation for film or advertising. Can anyone recommend a good course?
Thanks

ndeboar
07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
.....Escape?

Andrewmc
08-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Cool I have heard that they are really good. Do you think that it is value for money. It looks like it's £8500 for 12 full time course.
Have you done the course.

moidphotos
08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Do you want a course or a degree? For £8500 you could (almost) have a degree :) My university teaches Maya (and 3DSMax), I'm sure there are plenty of others in and around the London area that do so too.

ndeboar
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Never went there. Worked with people that did, that they are tip top. Had a mate walk straight out of escape into a job at MPC, never worked in VFX before that.

But as I said, that's just wait i heard, ive not experience working with them.

Gazzamataz
08-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Well from my dabblings with 3D I don't think the qualification is nearly as important as what's on your reel and any experience that you have.

If I had the time and the money I would definitely take the Escape course since you will be taught by industry professionals like I was at Animation Mentor and have a good head start. I think Escape help place you as well when it comes to job hunting.

eXDemo
09-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi guys!

- I've some questions for you.

Doe anyone of you know if in Germany is any 3D designing school/course i mean a high quality course for Maya or 3D studio Max.

And which of these two: Maya and 3ds Max, is more successful in-game design?

Tyvm!

danshewan
09-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Doe anyone of you know if in Germany is any 3D designing school/course i mean a high quality course for Maya or 3D studio Max.

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/hijack/Hijack-DeNiro.jpg

Gazzamataz
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I am affriad I couldn't answer the question about schools in Germany, I am sure there are other here who can. But as for:

That's a tough one, but I would generally say Max is probably more used in games with Maya being a very close second…

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.