PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Glitch

ohjin
07-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Hey all. I dont know whether anyone else has had this and can help, but after sculting a mesh for a while, I will rotate the model to find on one side that a indent has appeared from a rogue vetice being moved to within the mesh. When I try and smooth the vertice back to normal, what infact happens is the rest of the mesh gets pulled towards the rogue vertice.Ive added some pics. Thanks in advance.

DrewShelton
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
This has happened to me before as well. In the past when it happened, I think my mesh had some kind of polar issues that made this happen. What I mean is, if you have 5 edges all meeting at one vert vs. 4, this would happen.

AND, just the other day, it happend to me again, but I had a clean mesh, so I don't know what was going on? On one occasion, I drilled the bad spot with the inflate brush, and it came out of whack, but on another occasion, I couln't fix it; I simply re-loaded my last saved ZTL. Yeah, it sucks! So, for now on, I'll watch out for these spots forming as I stroke away, and get to them while I still have undo's left...

Another wierd problem I was having was some odd redraw crap; say I'd have the default matCap red material on my character... Well, I'd end up seeing 3-10 polys that looked as if they were outlined in white. I found that by pressing the M button (material, not the actual 'm' key) and did a color>fill object, it would still be there. I had to switch to a different material and do that color>fill object thing again, and it fixed it (with that, there were even other materials that wouldn't fix it).. BUT, once it was fixed, I could go back to that default-red material, color>fill it, and it would be ok...

Frustrating... :) But without frustration, we'd never learn and look into these new issues, and never know how to reslove.

I wish you luck with your problem... Take Care...
~Andrew R. Shelton Sr. (Drew)

ohjin
08-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the reply, yeah it is very frustrating.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2009, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.