PDA

View Full Version : Announcing ZBrush 3.5 and GoZ for Windows and MacOSX

punchatz
07-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Well I was expecting v4 but the feature list looks like a full upgrade to me so the version number really does not matter.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=073517

the pixo guys rock...free upgrades for the last five years...best software company on the planet as far as I am concerned.

Thanks PIXOLOGIC!

Greg

Per-Anders
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Link?

. .

punchatz
07-30-2009, 11:25 PM
It was there the whole time ;)

Sorry about that

G

ajitsinghyadav
07-30-2009, 11:37 PM
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1393/attachmente.jpg

Since the release of ZBrush 3.2 for OSX and the introduction of GoZ (www.GoZBrush.com), we have received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from the artistic community as well as companies interested in becoming GoZ supported applications.

In order to continue refining GoZ and other ZBrush4 features, we have decided to postpone the release of ZBrush 4 and instead release an interim ZBrush 3.5 for Windows and Mac users. Version 3.5 will have all the features of ZBrush 3.2 -- including GoZ -- as well as additional refinements.

Some of the features in ZBrush 3.5 are...

Multiple texture, normal and displacement maps per SubTool, with enhanced displacement and normal map options such as native export of 32-bit displacement maps. High-Definition displacement and normal maps from HD geometry. Improved perspective with a floor grid. Reorganization of the Tool sub-palettes to coordinate with selected SubTools. The ability to merge all visible SubTools and optionally weld the seams. The new PUVTiles mapping method, which represents the most efficient use of UV space yet. PolyPainting and masking have now been enhanced to 16-bit from the previous 8-bit. New navigation to work with the virtually unlimited zooming. Right-Click Navigation. New sliders added to Project All, providing more control over your results. Memory management enhancements give the capability to subdivide your models to higher polygon counts. New ambient occlusion masking, which can create an AO texture for use in other applications.

Furthermore...

ZBrush 3.5 will also include one of the still unannounced key features of ZBrush 4. We are very excited to include this very powerful and creative new feature in version 3.5, and are sure that you will be too! An introduction to this feature will be made available here, at ZBC, within the next couple of weeks.

The Windows version of 3.5 will be released by the end of August, followed by a release of the OSX version in September. Following the release of 3.5, we will continue to refine ZBrush 4 and its features (such as LightBoxand Spotlight) for release in the 4th Quarter of 2009.

ZBrush 3.5 and ZBrush 4 will be released as free upgrades to all registered users.

Getting the upgrade will be easy, and linked to your Support Account.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=073517

INFINITE
07-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow that's ace! thanks for the info :buttrock:

Womball
07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Oooh finally I can merge subtools!

SheepFactory
07-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Go Z rocks so much. The rest of the stuff is just gravy on top of it :)

pnoland
07-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Nice! I am looking forward to using GoZ with Modo. :D

southparx
07-31-2009, 02:05 AM
i really really hope the 'one unannounced key feature' is 64 bit :beer:

Trurl
07-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Nice news.

CrazyMatt
07-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Damn i'm excited! :)

Psionic Design
07-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Sounds very interesting, Cant wait to get my grubby lil mits on it end of August!!

duke
07-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I hope a second announcement is XSI and/or Max support for GoZ :D

R10k
07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
This cool- also hoping for XSI support though :)

visualride
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
It's about time that Pixologic gets the PR game right and clues in it's customers. This is much better than the way that way they strung us along last time with empty promises and kept us in the dark for 2 years past the original announced release date for the 3.0 release. They at least admitted that they are behind schedule this time and are giving us a partial update in the mean time.

cresshead
07-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Oooh finally I can merge subtools!

you can already...use subtool master plugin/script

Lorex
08-01-2009, 07:57 AM
announcing 3.5 after announcing v4 ? Wow. Now that's innovation! The Zbrush hype machine has actually started going back in time. Can't wait next year to try Zbrush 1.

ThE_JacO
08-01-2009, 08:47 AM
announcing 3.5 after announcing v4 ? Wow. Now that's innovation! The Zbrush hype machine has actually started going back in time. Can't wait next year to try Zbrush 1.
Did you bother reading the PR?
It said that they decided for an earlier release of 3.5 instead of waiting for 4 because of the support the GoZ feature has had from users and other vendors.

Never been a pixologic fan, actually sort of didn't like their attitude and upgrades between 2 and 3, but they've done a lot to change my mind in the last few months, and I appreciated they came off candid on this release instead of just castrating 4 and releasing it anyway or not responding to other vendors about a cross-app feature.

Looking forward to the demo, if it's stable (and ideally has a 64bit version) I'm going to give them money :)

Lorex
08-01-2009, 08:56 AM
I just think pixologic's "PR" has been out of control lately with all the annoucing and counter announcing and future announcing and what not... I wouldn't mind they just release the thing when it's ready and don't bother if it's not and keep the PR to a minimum. But of course that's just my opinion and really I actually love Zbrush.

John Keates
08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
you can already...use subtool master plugin/script

Yeah, but welding the seams is new, right?

Looks like a nice enough update. Memory management improvements are always welcome.

BigPixolin
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I just think pixologic's "PR" has been out of control lately with all the annoucing and counter announcing and future announcing and what not... I wouldn't mind they just release the thing when it's ready and don't bother if it's not and keep the PR to a minimum. But of course that's just my opinion and really I actually love Zbrush.

Same here I was waiting for someone else to say something because I knew it would get jumped on. I read the PR and it also said they wanted to develop spotlight and lightbox more also.
I welcome the somewhat more open dialogue but ,Pixologic is essentially full of shit. I knew not to even expect version 4 in August when the announcement of the announcement came out or the announcement itself. I just completely wiped it from my mind and was not surprised a bit to see it was not coming out.
I love Zbrush.
I don't care for free upgrades if that means living in Zbrush lala land.
I will pay for timely upgrades that consists of features they lead new and old customers to believe it is going to have.
I have lost track the number of times pixo has flip flopped like this I believe it is 20+ times.
If you believe you will have Zbrush 4 in your hands in September you are dreaming.
I can dig up posts on this site where I stated to diehards that were jumping on comments like this one last time. That they "should not hold their breath until August for Z4!" Guess what happened?

gruhn
08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
It said that they decided for an earlier release of 3.5 instead of waiting for 4

You mean they had originally planned on releasing 3.5 at the same time as 4?

SheepFactory
08-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Same here I was waiting for someone else to say something because I knew it would get jumped on. I read the PR and it also said they wanted to develop spotlight and lightbox more also.
I welcome the somewhat more open dialogue but ,Pixologic is essentially full of shit. I knew not to even expect version 4 in August when the announcement of the announcement came out or the announcement itself. I just completely wiped it from my mind and was not surprised a bit to see it was not coming out.
I love Zbrush.
I don't care for free upgrades if that means living in Zbrush lala land.
I will pay for timely upgrades that consists of features they lead new and old customers to believe it is going to have.
I have lost track the number of times pixo has flip flopped like this I believe it is 20+ times.
If you believe you will have Zbrush 4 in your hands in September you are dreaming.
I can dig up posts on this site where I stated to diehards that were jumping on comments like this one last time. That they "should not hold their breath until August for Z4!" Guess what happened?

Not disagreeing but I think you guys should be happy you are getting go z with 3.5 and soon instead of having to wait till whenever for zb4.

3.2 is extremely stable and runs great, go z is simply a dream come true as far as workflow goes, you will see when you try it, it absolutely changed my perception of the software and made zb an indispensible part of my workflow. I dont see why anybody is complaining about getting that as a free version in a couple weeks time.

The only thing I am wondering is if mac will get the image plane plugin now that spotlight is delayed.

Nemoid
08-02-2009, 02:24 PM
IMO Pixologic makes great efforts to bring artist good tools so this is their main point.

Given the level of enhancements they make to every release, they could make us pay lots of money instead of giving the upgrade for free, instead they make the app cooler and users pay no money.
3.5 now is a good thing for sure, and if zb4 comes within 2009 with even more enhancements it would really be an awesome thing.

The real thing i think they should improve is PR and feedback with user base, in the sense that you cannot be totally silent for ages , announce things and then delay what you announced.
For example they first announced 3.5, then 4.0 took its place, then 3.5 came back.

Probably this happened because of development problems, but may be its more clever to wait a bit more to announce, until the release is quite advanced, and then release the puppy.

Or also, just don't say nothing and then release "da bomb" when its ready hehe :D

cresshead
08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
dag nab it, i wish they were charging for this upgrade, then any moaning would hold more than a drop of water..

ubermensch76
08-02-2009, 03:55 PM

hahahahahaah...I had a sinking feeling that version 4 might come much later than expected.

Anyways, if the leap from v2 to v3 is any indication , then I am sure v4 will rock..

Ballo
08-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Anybody knows why Zbrush don't support 64bit?

cnaeger
08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Just wondering if they showed anything related to ZBrush 4 at Siggraph this year?

Chad

AJ
08-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Pixologic have just announced - 'Zpheres II' for Zbrush 3.5

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=073956

Walli
08-12-2009, 12:13 PM
that looks interesting!

BigPixolin
08-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Wow zspheres2 looks amazing. First half of that video was mindnumbingly boring but halfway through it completly blew my mind.

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2009, 12:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.