PDA

View Full Version : I Just Bought Lw 7.5!!!!

rich novak
08-01-2003, 12:18 AM
finally!

just had to let the world know :)

milqman
08-01-2003, 12:30 AM
congrats :)

you made a good choice.

allaboutkeys
08-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Welcome on board! :thumbsup:

milqman
08-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Are you a beginner to 3d or have you experience with other 3d apps?

roguenroll
08-01-2003, 01:44 AM
:thumbsup:

NiPeR
08-01-2003, 01:51 AM
congratulations;D

I'm definetively gonna buy Lightwave after have seen the streams on the internet...wow

I'm new to 3d and was looking for an animation software:D
all these new animation stuff made me crazy and really gonna buy lightwave:D

very good newtek!

rich novak
08-01-2003, 05:34 AM
i've had lightwave 6.5 since i was deployed to the middle east. i keep trying to get into it but my video card was crap! but now i have a new computer with which to work, so i decided to get into lw a little heavier and get 7.5, so when i ask questions now, they'll be current and not about antiques ;)

i'm not really a cg artist... i'm a traditional artist and writer. i have a short screenplay i'd like to do, but the 3d comes second to me. i'm a one man outfit and i'm working upwards of 60 hrs per week at my military job. i don't have any real time to speak of, so i'm hoping that lightwave will be as fast and as streamlined as it seems to be. i'll be using it conjunction with anything i can get my hands on, including ozone, poser, sasquatch, etc. whatever i can use to make it look good without a team of professionals. i'll also be doing all the music and sound effects. the only other people i'll need are voice actors.

programs i've used in the past and currently: bryce (first 3d app, can't model worth a crap in it though) and poser (i know people hate it, but i need something to tell a story with, not a tool to show off my cg work :) ) and corel draw/photopaint. my favorite though is oils on canvas over a coal-base image :)

like i said, i'm just a writer who doesn't trust his story to anyone else's vision. i approach things the way i approach paintings: it's not the tools that make you great. it's not how much money you spend on them or their popularity. it's what you get the job done with, and that's what i want to do. i can't program, so no matter what program i use (lightwave, poser...) i'm still using an application designed by someone else. but it's my story, my heart and soul on the screen.

eventually i'll be modeling my own characters (they're not all humanoid) instead of just props like buildings, terrains, etc. my big goal is to:

MAKE MONEY DOING COMPLETE ONE-MAN PROJECTS, AND DEVOTE 50% OF THE PROFITS TO AIDS RESEARCH AND 50% BACK TO THE NEXT PROJECT, USING AS BASIC AND SIMPLE AS TOOLS I CAN FIND ALONG THE WAY.

whew! so now that i'll be getting the new program, i'll be on here a ton, asking questions. see you all around!!!

ren

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.