PDA

View Full Version : LW crahes on F9 render

cesario1212
07-31-2003, 10:43 PM
In certain scenes within LW v7.5c Layout crashes on my MAC OS X computer when I hit F9 for the first time. After that, I just re-open LW, reload the scene and everything renders fine from then on with the F9 command. I was wondering if anyone knows what could be causing the problem?

Art-man

ArneK
07-31-2003, 11:29 PM
And I thought is was only me...

I also have this bug. At first I assumed it was a bug in G2, but with your post I'm not sure anymore. Do you use any plugins in your scene when this happens?

cesario1212
08-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Beyond the usual ones that load with LW, I often have some master plugins running--usually spreadsheet (though not always), and proxy pick. It may be the master plugins...but I would doubt it since one of the scenes with the same plugins renders without a glitch. I know screamernet on the mac has issues with master plugins, but the F9 problem seems inconsistent.

Let me know if you find anything while surfing. I'll keep looking, too.

Art-man

Jonathan
08-02-2003, 05:09 AM
My main problem with lightwave still remains, things simply not working at all. Just this morning I rigged a character and applied IK to it in Lightwave, used my Nulls as goals as usual and guess what? I'd move the nulls to pose the model and when I scrub the timeline, everything goes wacky. Mind you that it all works as long as I am manipulating it manually. Autokeying is on etc. It's the damnest thing I've had with Lightwave and it still plagues me. At first I thought it only did it with more than one character, now it's doing it with 1 character.

And it doesn't happen all of the time, it seems to be a random occurance which is the last thing you need when you are pressed for time.

I know this isn't a solution, it's just that you're not alone when it comes to problems with this program.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start doing even single charcter scenes in Messiah now.

Jimstein
08-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi Jonathan! I just posted a question on this: IK and feet rigging is troublesome? (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79518)

Lets hope we bothe get an answer on that one.

cesario1212
08-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey, I've always hated LW's Ik solutions. I use lot's of "hard/rigid" body characters (ie. models, posing mannequins, etc.) in my aniamtions. Obviously their legs don't bend or deform like they have muscles in them. Thus IK refuses to make my character's legs go truly straight unless they're hovering off the ground. Kinda defeats to purpose of Ik for a walk cycle with gravity. I wish there was a way to get around that problem.

Art-man

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.