PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem in UV mapping...

Sylfurd
07-31-2003, 10:20 PM
Hi evry1 !!
I'm currently working on a game, and there's something I really don't understand with UV-mapping...
The problem is that when I unwrap some polys, there's some vertices which are unmovable on the UV-texture...
Just a sample:
http://sylfurd.free.fr/UVprob.png

I really don't know why all polygons aren't independent in UV, it would really be easier to use...
Maybe there's an option to doing that...
I don't know if it's an UV-mapping rule that I don't understand or something else, but please help me! I don't understand this strange thing!!!

Sylfurd.

Remi
07-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Must learn to use the unweld button....and then you just move the points in the UV edit window and merge them when your happy with the texture...hope that helps:)

leigh
07-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Always unweld your verts before editing your UV maps ;)
Just don't forget to merge them again when you're done editing!

I think the reason why it does that is to do with preventing discontinuous UV maps, which would make sense therefore to make the edges that are split "sticky" :)

Aaah, I see Remi beat me to it :p

Sylfurd
07-31-2003, 10:27 PM
Wow!! It's just magik Remi !! Thx a lot for helping and answering me so fastly!! Really don't know why it works, but it works!! Yeaaah :thumbsup:

Sylfurd
07-31-2003, 10:34 PM
Waouuu! Leigh answered on my post :bowdown: ( :love: )
hehe :p
Thx for your advice Leigh, Remi hadn't precised it
:shame:

Sylfurd.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.