PDA

View Full Version : Clusters

nottoshabi
07-31-2003, 09:19 PM
How do I set up clusters so that weights can be painted on them?

:curious:

loked
08-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Select the vertices that you want your cluster to affect, I usually select a bigger area than my intended area. Then apply the cluster. Once that's all done, select your mesh and go to modify>attribute paint tool. In the option box, you can select which cluster you want to paint if your object has more than 1 cluster affecting it.

Let me know if this doesnt work.

later:wavey:
loked

nottoshabi
08-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks, but it dosent quite work. The paint freaks out and starts adding in other parts of the model, and never adds to the cv's I need. Is the same problem I had with (Deform/Paint Cluster Weight Tool). I thought there would be a different way.

Also does it make a difference from poly to subd's or nurbs?

Matt Leishman
08-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Wow, that's really surprising that using the deform > paint cluster weights tools isn't working for you.

When I use it, and when in the tool settings window I select a particular cluster whose weights I want to edit/paint, Maya isn't allowing me to add weight (or subtract weight) to verts on the geometry that didn't already have the cluster attached to them. So if indeed you are finding that if you are using the paint cluster weights tool and you are able to paint some cluster weight to parts of the geometry that didn't originally have that selected cluster applied them them, then you may want to contact Alias support, because I know that's not supposed to happen at all.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.