PDA

View Full Version : Daz Models for Maya

Kinematics
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking for a quick solution to get a pretty decent number of human models. I am looking at Daz3d as a solution but was wondering what are your views on this. I feel that their website is rather confusing and messy. I am testing out the demo right now but would like to hear your views.

Would I be able to animate the characters along with cloth in Daz and then export that into maya for rendering? inclusive of texturing and animation.

EightBit
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
If you're just going to use Maya for rendering, you might be ok. My experience has been that the DAZ models do not work too well in Maya due to their topology being designed to work in DAZ Studio.

You might also look at Poser Pro, which has plugin to facilitate importing animation into Maya.

dan1el
07-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I am in the middle of a project where I am relying on Daz Studio, because I got a license for free.

Rigging it into initial form is good, then you need to rig it for your work in Maya afterwards, but seems to be a good start-off point, it's cheap and works a lot like real world dolls, very easy rigging, but I think it's not a necessity, though it's nice, like Poser and Bryce...

Kinematics
07-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I was going through the Daz3d website and found this plugin. Does it work with maya well? any ideas? I really am looking for speed and avoid learning too much about daz and all that.

I just need models that hold up to medium shots and have animation included.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/daz-studio-add/fbx-plug-in?item=4137&cat=341&_m=d

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2009, 02:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.