PDA

View Full Version : SIGGRAPH Rocks!!

Steve Warner
07-31-2003, 06:07 PM
What a rush! We made some great new friends at SIGGRAPH. Details will come as soon as I get more sleep. :)

http://www.trinitymediainc.com/Temp/SIGpreview.jpg

I had the opportunity to demo LightWave 8 around the back of the booth. It's freaking unbelievable!

Thanks to everyone who came by and said hello!

Cheers!

Steve

Mike Pauza
07-31-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi Steve. Have a great time at Sig!

Over 1000 of us are right there with you via the live stream.

-Mike

Para
07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Hehe, proton looks like a real evangelist (on the right) :D

Steve Warner
07-31-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike Pauza
Over 1000 of us are right there with you via the live stream.
Thanks, Mike! I'm actually back at work now and just aching to be back in San Diego. :drool: No matter how many times I saw the demo scenes, I was still amazed. I think LW8 is going to be so much more than anyone ever anticipated. This is going to be one of the most substantial updates ever! :D

Cheers!

Steve

Werner
08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Hey Steve...glad you enjoyed Siggraph. I love the photos man!

I'm soooo jealous...wish I could be there. Do you have more photographs to show us?

aurora
08-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Yes, Steve, please, more photos. By the way I got your message and I have not been home long enough to put anything out yet on my soon to be website. I'll try to as soon as I get home next week. In the mean time I have to ask my question. Did you hear anything about adding envelopes to more controls????????

Nemoid
08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Great composition, Steve!!
hey, Girls wich work at Newtek are all like this ? :drool::love:
if so, I'm ready to visit the company right now!!

by the way, tell us smth more about Lw[8] !!!

P.s. Proton seems Noah, in The ten comandements movie.:thumbsup:

Steve Warner
08-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Werner: The image of your avatar could be seen from anywhere in the exhibitor hall! It rocked!!

I shot a number of pictures and a few videos too. :)

http://www.trinitymediainc.com/Temp/SIGthumb.jpg

Here's a link to the thumbnail page! (http://www.trinitymediainc.com/SIGGRAPH/index.html)

Aurora: I can't wait to see your tutorial! From what I heard at the show, NewTek is trying to make every property animatable. So hopefully we'll be able to set envelopes for everything!

Nemoid: This was my first SIGGRAPH and it was definitely worth the trip. I'll be typing up my own take on the events and will post it soon. :)

I have to say thanks to the whole NewTek team for their kindness! You pulled off a terrific show!

Cheers!

Steve

SplineGod
08-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Siggraph was pretty overwhelming to everyone I think. So many new things and this was just a PREVIEW. Wait until you see what its like when its released! It was great to meet everyone. Steve and his wife were a big help at the booth!
Steve,
It was great to meet you guys and I enjoyed the conversation. :)

Steve Warner
08-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Larry, we enjoyed the conversation as well! :) For those who don't know it, Larry has a great sense of humor and is one hell of a storyteller! :D

Cheers!

Steve

mr_nebel
08-02-2003, 02:28 AM
right thats it, better start saving up for next year :D

Nemoid
08-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Steve Warner

[b]Nemoid: This was my first SIGGRAPH and it was definitely worth the trip. I'll be typing up my own take on the events and will post it soon. :)

I had nor money nor time to attend Siggraph,
and I jhave aslow connection, so thanks for
the images and links!

surely, this edition was kick ass!!

I am planning to come at Siggraph next year though
if all my projects go well. :thumbsup:

Ciao! :wavey:

kurv
08-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Steve, Larry,

I wish I could have come out to meet you guys. I look forward to working with you both in the future :)

Wes -

Voxel57
08-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Steve!

It was great meeting you and your better half!
It's great to see people like you willing to contribute time to your fellow LWvers and potential LWvers. I watched you open more than a few eyes to the plus side of LW use.
This was my first Sig and I had a wonderful time, met some very cool people and got to put faces with names I've seen for years.
I even got to see an old friend from high school. Just that was worth the trip but there was a whole lot more!

Steve Warner
08-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Wes: Same here! :)

Voxel57: Thanks for the kind words! Michelle and I enjoyed meeting you at the party and hanging out with you at the booth. I know that NewTek is extremely fortunate to have you on the development team. :) That's cool that you ran into a friend from high school. I actually ran into the guy who put my original Toaster system together in 1993. Go figure!

Cheers!

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.