PDA

View Full Version : character:Just another female model

Cryo_RO
07-31-2003, 05:50 PM
This is my first female model ever , i'm not new to 3d i just didn't model any females before , i had to do something about it of course :)
so here it is (copy & paste into browser)

www.cryo.o-f.com/femalemodel.jpg

and the back

www.cryo.o-f.com/spate.jpg

i've had some trouble with the host , i hope the links work

Shademaster
07-31-2003, 11:36 PM
The modelling looks okay, the things is that she doesn't look very femine, her upper body looks good but I can't spot any clear indications that she has a female body by the lower part of her body, her hips aren't too defined enough and perhaps her legs could be a little bit more rounder and soft.

I can see she is female by looking at the front picture but not when I look at the pic of her from the back....

I hope that helped!!

:)

kerosene
08-01-2003, 04:30 AM
-edit-
Ouh yeh. to see the 3D chick drag and drop the link to addressbar. The following image is for reference.

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-142312/pic1/fash7938.jpg

1) post frontal orthographic and sideview + wires. I think it might be in the rules and even if it is not it makes it much easier for us to see the faults - and that is the unpleasent idea of this forum isn't it. :)

The model looks like a good start. Nothing really weird is going on. The main proportions are close etc.

The neck looks a little short and the hips could be fuller as previously mentioned.

What I am would be slightly concerned is the general lack of variation on shapes. What I mean is the asymmetry and dynamics of anatomy. The thighs or arms should never be symmetric. The models look so much better if the thickest parts are not on exactly at the same spot on both sides of a shape. I hope I am makin myself clear here. Look at knee for example - in the outside and inside the calf muxcles attach very differently. The picture explains alot. Thats why anatomy and drawing classes are usefull.

post more images for more feedback

H

papershaker
08-01-2003, 06:55 AM
your host gives me a 403 error

Cryo_RO
08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
here are some other views and a close-up of the head

www.cryo.o-f.com/frontwire.jpg

www.cryo.o-f.com/frontheadwire.jpg

www.cryo.o-f.com/Sidewire.jpg

Shademaster: You're right about the lower part , it doesen't look feminine enough , the thing is that i haven't been able to find some really good ref pics since fineart.sk is still moving their servers

kerosene: cool pic , nice ref for legs and arms. I knew something didn't look right on the model , and you were right about the lack of variation of the legs and arms , i'll get working on that right away :)

papershaker: like kerosene said just drag and drop the link into the adress bar , or copy and paste it , clicking on it directly won't work

well thanks for all of the crits guys , i'll post an update soon

RichardB
08-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Not only does the host give me a 403 error, but 5 mins later, I'm still closing pop-ups.

And yes, I did drag and drop the address.

Akkalis
08-06-2003, 05:16 AM
The forehead is really smooth, it could use some brows, maybe not heavy brows, but something to show where the skull actually sinks in for the eye cavities. As for making the body more female like, I carry the hips up higher, above her bellybutton line, and have the chest meet the hips at more of an angle. More hourglass like.

Also, the area where her legs begin to crease against her lower body, maybe make it steeper (by like one edge line inward) or maybe just as long. I can't quite put my finger on it, it just looks a touch off to me. The collar area could be a bit less creased, and maybe more rounded with perhaps a slight dip inward on the inner side near her neck. Overall, I think you've got everything you need there, its just a matter of making it look a bit better and tightening the whole thing up. The skullshape looks a bit odd, there is a bit of a bump in the back (well, form looking at the profile anyway). Take another look at the feet two, they are very Peggy Hill, they aren't going to fit nicely into black highheels.

You might also want to look at your mesh a little bit, it seems very grid-like which can work, but I've experianced can also be a pain when it comes to deformations. All and all though, nice model, it needs some fixes, and a few shape tweaks, its all there now though, you just need make it look polished.

blinxpro
08-10-2003, 03:39 AM
I would recommend studying this thread very carefully.
I think that you will find it very helpfull.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80426

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.