PDA

View Full Version : Box Flip Test

Tadius
07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi, I've been a member for a while now but this is the first time I have ever posted anything.

This was my first attempt at trying to make a cube look like it was flipping itself.
Any advice is appreciated.

The video is here (http://www.vimeo.com/5806965)

Jero3D
07-29-2009, 03:09 AM
Hey Tadius, the box flip looks good. I would make the anticipation longer, make it last more because it's too little. Big actions = Big anticipations

The rest is really good, I like the overshot at the end and the squash at the beggining when it leaves off the ground.

Nice work!

Jero

thehive
07-29-2009, 04:05 PM
it looks good but odd at the same time cause for a flip you need a reverse pose, what your doing now is more like a leap or a hop, hope that make sense

cheers

msteinert
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree with Jero, try to increase the time in antecipation, maybe reversing a little more the time and the line of action of the box. Another point: what kind of material the box is suppose to be made of? It's rubber? When you compress it, you need to maintain his volume (the principle of squash and stretch). However, the timming looks great, at least I like it.

Keep going.

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.