PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8 at Siggraph

adrencg
07-31-2003, 01:32 PM
Just got back Thursday morning from San Diego.

Saw some of Proton's and Jennifer's demos at the Newtek booth -- which by the way, had the most attention grabbing artwork (a 20 foot high billboard of that LW created chick with the black leather pants and silver shirt. --forget the artist's name -- )

I looked over some shoulders at the booth and saw some of the new features. Here's some of the goodies I saw and liked. Don't hold me to this, as I may have misunderstood some things, or I may have been distracted by this super hot booth babe 20 ft away wearing a silver stripper-thing outfit.(can someone post a pic of her? I didn't have my camera)

1. Motion Designer seems to be gone and is now called something else(don't remember what). When you define something as soft body and hit the FXStart button, after that point, all vertexes become editable and you can modify them.

2. Bones have dynamics now. There was a demo of a little green hulk character getting blown around by some wind. The wind was pushing his bones around. Bones can be knocked around by collision objects, and I believe other bones as well. I suppose you could make ragdolls with this feature also. You can set things like weight, spring, resistance and do it to all bones, just children, whatever you want --- all at once interactively.

3. EVERYTHING has an envelope. Including IK/FK.

4. Timeline is editable and you can slide keys around, cut, paste, bake ranges super quickly.

5. Ik setup is done very quickly with like one click, and the there is possibly a new IK solving system which doesn't pop and stuff.

6. I saw a whole IK setup done without opening one panel -- meaning everything was done with right clicking.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. If someone has already posted most of this, I apologize.

Mike

Werner
07-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by adrencg
Just got back Thursday morning from San Diego.

Saw some of Proton's and Jennifer's demos at the Newtek booth -- which by the way, had the most attention grabbing artwork (a 20 foot high billboard of that LW created chick with the black leather pants and silver shirt. --forget the artist's name -- )

Mike

Thanks adrencg. I'm glad you like my big LW chick. :beer:

aurora
07-31-2003, 04:16 PM
Somebody please, please, preety please confirm everything will have envelopes now?!?!?!?!?!?!

pblacklock
07-31-2003, 04:20 PM
We all like your super model.

can we have more pics of her in different poses for wallpapering my pc. 1280x1024 would be ideal. when people mention other packages i show them your model and boy does it shut them up quick. now if i could only learn to model like that. i know practice practice practice. yup one day i will get there.

thanks,
Paul

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.