PDA

View Full Version : Working With Vray 1.5

nedgin
07-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi, I am currently using Vray 1.5 Sp3 for 3dstuido max 2009

and I came to few problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjfVXGV-oaw

if you look at the video you can see there are problem with eye and teeth and the leaves,

basically all the shadows are showing problem,

I understand that if i change the setting in Irradiance map to Very high,

but the problem is its taking too much time to render,

currently i am rendering with medium-animation, which takes about 5~10min per frame,

could some body help me, how to fix the problem without increasing Rendering time,

It will be great if i can decrease the time :)

I don't really know alot about compositing, so if you can give advice using fusion or some other compositing tool, please tell me with details :) thank you so much for taking time to read my post :)

noouch
07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
You can render a sequence of irrandiance maps using the "Animation (prepass)" mode. Be sure to tick the "Don't Render Final Image" box in the Global Switches rollout for this step.
Then, set the irradiance map mode to "Animation (rendering)" to use those irradiance maps (uncheck the don't render final image box!). The interp. frames parameter will allow you to set how smooth to interpolate between the maps.

nedgin
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the Reply,
I started to render just like what you said, I hope i will get good result,

but I have few question,

when you start render with Animation (Prepass) what kind option do you put on for the

built- in Presents ?

Medium-Animation?? or something elese?

thanks for helping me out :)

noouch
07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Medium Animation should work just fine, bit it really depends on the scene. I suggest you read the irradiance map stuff that's in the vray manual, it explains everything better than I can...

nedgin
07-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the Help,

i did like what you said, and this is the results i get

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0ogbbETeg

It looks great but it seems like the wholes scenes is missing shadows from the leaves,

is this something i can fix in the fusion? or Do i have to render shadows passes again in order to

make it work?

once again thanks for the help :)

Tora_2097
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
the trees "head" is a very tough thing to do for interpolation based GI like irradiance mapping.
If you are satisfied with the look you have now and feel that only shadows are missing you could possibly add them back in with an AO pass.
You could also try to render everything with brute force as primary GI engine which will be slow (but maybe still faster than very high irrmap) but is sure to not give any flickering- only noise if you have too few samples.
But I would go for the AO pass to be honest, especially if you have alot of frames to render.

Benjamin

Debneyink
08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Check out a plugin called solid rocks it's a vray presets render plugin. If you don't know much about vray settings it may help

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.