PDA

View Full Version : VISUAL EFFECTS FOR DIRECTORS 7 DVD set

rawskull
07-28-2009, 06:21 AM
http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/vfx_index.html

Years in the making, Visual Effects For Directors is a massive 7 DVD set that covers everything you need to know about shooting Visual Effects.

SheepFactory
07-28-2009, 07:13 AM
I loved their camera training series. Watching the sample clips this one seems to be just as good.

R10k
07-28-2009, 07:14 AM
...that covers everything you need to know about shooting Visual Effects.

No it doesn't, but that aisde, I believe this news has been posted before.

rawskull
07-28-2009, 08:15 AM
No it doesn't, but that aisde, I believe this news has been posted before.

Sorry for the repeat post, i did check for hollywood camera work and nothing was found, hence posted !

Moderators: please help remove this post thread for me !

TomThumb
07-28-2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/vfx_index.html

Years in the making, Visual Effects For Directors is a massive 7 DVD set that covers everything you need to know about shooting Visual Effects.

It really is incredible. I've had it for a few weeks and managed to find the time to get through every DVD. VERY well made and filled with lots of helpful info. IMO, this is a MUST for indie-filmmakers. Their camera training was great as well. Money well spent!

R10k
07-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry for the repeat post, i did check for hollywood camera work and nothing was found, hence posted !

Hmmm... well, I could be wrong. It might have been posted in general discussion. Either way, you may as well leave it here now :)

boomji
07-28-2009, 09:03 AM
There is a 40% off this set from dvgarage.

b

strangerthings
07-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I bought the download version of this and the Camera set with 40% discount for both. Enter bundle2 in the checkout voucher code.

Downloading 13 dvd's took a bit of time even on a 50meg connection. so bear that in mind and make sure you use a download accelerator - I was getting 5 connections per file so basically comes down 5 times as fast

The DVD's really are very good. watched the first couple of each. The 3d primer on the VFX really is a starter.

One ting to note is that these are NOT software tutorials as such. It introduces you to some apps maya and Fusion and some others ( that I didn't even know about and have scince bought ) - it's more of a good practice DVD when doing VFX. So loads of tips and tricks.

Shletten
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh my god! I need this!

cavekid
07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I have this, likewise I had bought it on the strength of their previous camerawork course and the example clips. It is a very very good series for teaching good effects practices on set, showing why shooting a certain way could bone you in post, and best ways with dealing with certain situations is. Indeed I wish some supervisors I work with would watch it to get a handle on some things they continually seem to mess up.

I have already recommended it few of my juniors, one has bought it already and has really loved it (they are junior compositors and I think he liked it because it gave him an overview of most of the typical situations and how they are dealt with, or should be dealt with, on set, ...he now has aspirations of being an on set supervisor).

I do a lot of TV work and sometimes you will meet a DoP that hasn't done much effects shooting, so having something like this where you can play a chapter to back up your reasoning for shooting a certain way can really be helpful.

The example chapters give a good indication as to what the rest of the dvd set is like.

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.