PDA

View Full Version : Animating and inanimate object

garethjax
07-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Hello everybody!

I've started posting few minutes ago, and i'm trying to search for some insight :)

I would like to learn character animation, but instead of a full fledged human-like character i've choosen a simpler model: a garbage bag.

http://www.garethjax.net/garbage.jpg

What i would like to obtain is a fun toon-like animation, but i don't really know how to do it. :annoyed:

I've tried with bones and morf mixer, but it lacks "life" :blush:
(the image that you can see, use two bones for the body, and one for the neck).

Thanks for any help !
:)

Tudor
07-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Check freetoon.com
and buy 'the animators survival kit' and 'The illusion of life'.

There are no shortcuts to great animation I am afraid.

garethjax
07-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tudor
Check freetoon.com
and buy 'the animators survival kit' and 'The illusion of life'.

There are no shortcuts to great animation I am afraid.

Nice books! i'd have to save some money to buy them :)

And you are right, but i would like to make it (the bag) at least run :)

Can i have some hints? pleaaaaase :D

Tudor
07-31-2003, 03:39 PM
There is a classical animator training that involves a sack of flour. There are som examples at freetoon.com and maybe elsewhere.
Just search for it.

garethjax
07-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Tudor
There is a classical animator training that involves a sack of flour. There are som examples at freetoon.com and maybe elsewhere.
Just search for it.

Thank you very much! the example on the site are very interesting! And i'll look for the sack "training". If you have more info, please submit them :)

Remi
07-31-2003, 11:44 PM
Read alot....trial and error....and practice for years....it's not an overnight thing...animation is a process that has to be thought out and tested....I wish you the best.....and for gods sake even if you think it sucks...post it....that's what critiques are for...learning.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.