PDA

View Full Version : Character help please.

Jimzip
07-31-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm working on a character I need to animate for a uni project, but I need a little help.
Take a look at the pics I'll put up, (sorry about the quality). I was wondering how to do those eyes. The mesh I have doesn't have the right contours, I used bandsaw to add some geometry as well.

Help in making the eyes appreciated.
(P.S, ignore the arm on the hand-drawn sketch, I'll fix that later.. :rolleyes: )

Jimzip :D

Jimzip
07-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Oops.. Here's the other pic.
Sorry.

webfox
07-31-2003, 02:34 PM
You're going to need to familiarize yourself with edge loops.

Check out this thread. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38469)

The first two links , and a few others are bad, though. The article is aging and people are either clearing out their web space and the images they posted or else their web service changes and they don't relink the images with the thread. But, overall, the information is valid and useful.

Your model may be based on a cartoon, but you're still going to have to build the it as if it were created for a more complex and detailed model because you're going to need the face and head to do all the things a real person's would.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.