PDA

View Full Version : Short Film: Templars

Pages : 1 [2]

Wicked_Chicken
01-24-2004, 05:50 PM
I've gotta concept artist, I'll drop off some stuff for him tonight. As far as the loan, I need the stuff anyway, and it's not like it's a normal loan, I get a low interest rate so it won't be terrible, $100 a month or so, but I agree, I don't want to be in debt.

As for the script, you've got a copy of it (I hope) Feel free to make your additions and changes. Highlight them and email a copy, we'll go from there :D

Benork
01-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Sounds good. I have more free time that I would like right now so I will do my best to use it on the script.

I can't wait to see the stff from your concept artist.

Wicked_Chicken
02-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Well all. It's been fun, and very rewarding. Unfortunatly, I bit off lot more than I could chew trying to make templars a reality. I found the Original opening scene last night, and I sincerly wish I had simply stayed with the original idea, as it was achieveable. Benork, I hope we remain in contact, as I had an incredible time co-writing this with you, and I hope everyone has a great time now that they are rid of me :P

To everyone you supported us and cheered us on, thank you. I started this with you in mind, and while it's not going to happen, I hope to return to this project someday when I'm rich an famous, so I can make it better than ever.

I've learned alot about the flow of things, and about people, and it's been a positive experiance. Jesse, I'm sorry we couldn't deliver, but I can't financially afford to carry this project anymore. If a distributor you were talking to is still interested, I'm sure we can work something out.

Anyway, Good luck to everyone. I've had a blast working with all of you. Once again, good luck, and god speed.

Benson Munyan

Benork
02-06-2004, 11:41 AM
I am also sorry this hasn't worked out. Before we knew what happened the story seemed to baloon out of all proportion and we wen't from a mainly CG, low budget 10 minute film to a half hour muliti million pound live action film, which we can't really afford ;)

It was a learning experience, writing the script was immense fun and I know we will stay in contact.

Cyroz, I'm sorry that beautiful model you made won't be used by us. But something tells me we aren't the only people around trying to make a CG short in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. If you look I'm sure you will find something. And if ever I see anything I will pm you.

For my next project I think ill make a western....

softdistortion
02-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Sorry to see you guys fold. I was only there for a bit at the start, but I enjoyed doing some work with you both. The goal was ambitious, but I admire your imagination and efforts! .

All the best!
softdistortion

cyroz2000
02-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry guys... I only joined the project while it was already running, but I really enjoyed it.

And Benork, no prob for the model, it isn't finished yet, but I think I'll try to.... :wip:
Benson, the project was really ambitious, and it's good to see, as it's not simple cg project as Benork said, it's good to see people trying to push limits more and more... :thumbsup:

Good luck everyone, and see you soon, I hope, with some new exiting project!

:beer:

Torwaechter
02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Ehm...

Hello everyone!

Sad to see that your CG project has been postponed now. I discovered this thread some weeks ago and thought a while about contacting you because of our own Wh40k film project.
But it seemed impolite and I was curious to see how this was going to develop.

Anyway - now I think is the right moment and I hope no one minds that I'm asking if anyone would be interested in working for our fan movie called "DAMNATUS - The Enemy Within".

We are a bunch of semi-pro German filmmakers (and of course 40k fanatics) who have shot a 90 minutes live action film which is currently in post-production. We have great need for additional 3D-modelling, -animation and compositing artists.

Just have a look at www.damnatus.com, where you can find two trailers and more information about this low budget project.

Note: I don't know how you handled financial matters, but I have to emphasize that everyone here is working for free.
Games Workshop doesn't allow any cash-flow, so we're going to release DAMNATUS on the internet.
No one is going to make money with it.

Note II: As I said, we're Germans. Language barrier will be a problem, but with bablefish and some good dictionaries it will function somehow, I think. :)

Bye

HuVu

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.