PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Transparency

AlexTNT
07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Hello guys i have a question , is there a way to render transparency without reflection and specular? because i want to do a tree , and the leafs are just planes with transparency
and for more of popout effect i want to add transarency

P.S i'm using a blinn material

DmitriB
07-25-2009, 10:42 PM
You can turn eccentricity all the way down, alternatively, you can use a lambert. If you want to keep some spec on for the tree leaves, I suggest making a spec map based on the stencil of the alpha channel
Hope that helped

vancliff
07-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Do a mask for the map in psd. Everything black will be transparent. Everything white will be solid.

AlexTNT
07-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Do a mask for the map in psd. Everything black will be transparent. Everything white will be solid.
i've tried doesn't work

You can turn eccentricity all the way down, alternatively, you can use a lambert. If you want to keep some spec on for the tree leaves, I suggest making a spec map based on the stencil of the alpha channel
Hope that helped

I need the relfection and specularity , and making a stencil doesn't work

AlexTNT
07-26-2009, 08:55 AM
ok guys so i found a way ...

i remove the transparency from my matterial
i've created a layerd shader , left just 1 layer in the shader on that i connected the blinn shader ( the leaf matterial ) to the color and on transparency i've added the mask of the leaf . and changed composit flag from layer shaded to layer texture , assigned the layerd shader to the leafs and work , tought it how to do it last night , first i had the idea to do the same thing with a surface shader , but i tested it and doesn't work , but with layer shaded works very nice , now no more reflection and specularity in unwanted areas of the object .

Maybe this can help those who look up on the internet for a solution .

Alex From Againstanother

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2009, 08:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.