PDA

View Full Version : Casting: Robot Required - 100ft tall.

strangerthings
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi,

We are starting a very original 4 minute live action/CGI short film, we have the script, actors and crew and are shooting on RED for 5 days in London.

What we don't have is a Robot. How would you like your design to star in a short?

I can't release the plot yet, suffice to say we need a something that need to look alien, so probably not asimo, capable of looking destructive but also capable of expression. Scaled he would be about 100ft tall.

Ideally it would be a rigged model in Max. But we could start from scratch. I am a pretty good modeller and animator, but technically rigging is a art. And I am completely sure you are way better than me.

Compositing in after effects and editing in Premiere.

If you are interested in the project, post your models or designs here.
Thanks

strangerthings
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I realise this does seem like I am asking a lot. All we need for the moment is a design. If you have drawn or made a cool robot post it. We can take it from there. This is self funded project - but we are going for very high production values and as such we are willing to pay for them. I am a firm believer that no one should work for free and and I am posting here to give forum members a chance to be involved in something that will get recognition. If your design is chosen you will be paid.

FreeFlight
09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Hello,
Im not sure, if you have a sound designer or anyone to help in the audio field but i would love to help. I think robots have some of the greatest possibles of sound. A lot of different approaches to it.

Anyway look forward to hearing from you.

Colin Heath
crheath@fullsail.edu

AlexTNT
09-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't know if this is still available , i'm a modeler , actually a modeler , texture , lighting , matterial and rendering artist , i could model it if you want but i can't rig, animate or draw.
I think it's nice, and would be grate if i could be part of the your team.

contact me at alex@tntwebpage.com

strangerthings
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks to the people that responded and PM'd - I have a robot I am working with and I think it's going to look fantastic.

The project is fairly secret, but we have some great people involved so far. We are sorting out a 3 day shoot in London at the moment and I and I know we are going to need animators to take on shots if anyone is interested.

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.