PDA

View Full Version : Vue 8

guardonduty
07-25-2009, 03:23 PM
I knew it was coming. Can't wait. LINK (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/about/newsletter/)

duke
07-26-2009, 03:07 AM
"the 3rd generation of e-on's Spectral atmospheric engine technology, "

Guess they added a red-shift slider or something.

Crowning
07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Having purchased Vue 7.5 Infinite just a week ago I wonder how their upgrade plan looks like...

Mike.H
07-26-2009, 11:31 AM
iīm for sure looking forward to vue 8.

And as far as upgrade planes go i know that people using the maintenance plan will get vue 8 for free and late vue 7.5 buyers will get a hefty discount, no idea of the timeframe for the late buyers tho.

Continuumx
07-27-2009, 12:20 AM
I think the upgrade is the same price. If you have the maintenance plan - you only have the opportunity to pay once a year for upgrades. If you do not, you have the opportunity to pay twice (full and .5 uprades). If you decide to skip a 0.5 - I do not think there is a penalty. You just miss out on the .5 features and have to wait for the full point release to have them.

duke
08-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Any news on this from Siggraph?

Mike.H
08-06-2009, 08:46 AM
an impressive looking 3d terrain editor which is replacing the dated 2d based 7.0/7.5 Terrain editor is all iīve heard people mentioning when talking about siggraph.

Not much seems to have been posted around the web, not yet anyway

Crowning
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I think the upgrade is the same price. If you have the maintenance plan - you only have the opportunity to pay once a year for upgrades. If you do not, you have the opportunity to pay twice (full and .5 uprades). If you decide to skip a 0.5 - I do not think there is a penalty. You just miss out on the .5 features and have to wait for the full point release to have them.

I've emailed e-on and they don't (yet) have a plan how their update policy will look like,
but I guess they won't let me pay again hundreds of $$ again.

beverins
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I really hope they've done something magical with the terrain editor - from the tidbits I'm reading it appears they have. Even the Sandbox 2 Cryengine had a more sophisticated terrain editor than Vue 7.5, I thought.

Problem is, looks like their Xstream program is going farther and farther away from Lightwave, missing features and entire functions. And from what I see in other plugins, it's NOT Newtek's fault for lack of SDK Hooks into the program... it's entirely e-on's lack of desire at this point.

Wish I had the money to buy a lab of Vue 8, get the maintenance and express technical service, and force them to do my bidding as they advertise they will for people who pay up LOL - I wonder how much they'd tolerate from me before they go "look, we won't do that, here's your express tech service money back" ;-D

calilifestyle
08-07-2009, 12:17 AM
one thing at sigg this year are they offering any discounts this for upgrading.

Chris1106
08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Whats up with all those Siggraph 2009 visitors. Isnīt there anything interesting for us, those who couldnīt visit Siggraph, to tell about Vue 8 :) ?

calilifestyle
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Whats up with all those Siggraph 2009 visitors. Isnīt there anything interesting for us, those who couldnīt visit Siggraph, to tell about Vue 8 :) ?

Yeah i know huh. last year i went , i came on here gave some info on items i noticed.

BUZZFX
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Nothing new from Vue this Year?

duke
08-13-2009, 04:09 AM
I find the lack of news... disturbing. Maybe the demo went horribly wrong at Siggraph - who knows!

calilifestyle
08-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah its a little sad. but come on they have to make sure this doesn't come up till their payed subscription base have to renew.

HiTekJeff
08-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I would much rather for them to work on bug fixes and stability than to rush something out the door. If they don't launch Vue 8 until next year and focus on fixing bugs in current versions and putting some more polish into 8 that is certainly fine by me.

suedix
08-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Visit geekatplay.com to see some video of the presentation at Siggraph. I've only watched the first one so far. The new terrain editor options look good. Agreed that they need to wait to release it until it's got most of the bugs worked out.

(http://www.geekatplay.com/sigvideos.php)

HiTekJeff
08-14-2009, 04:20 AM
Here's some links to some video of the presentation. I've only watched the first one so far. The new terrain editor options look good. Agreed that they need to wait to release it until it's got most of the bugs worked out.

http://www.geekatplay.com/sigvideos.php

Thanks for the link, I checked them out too. However, the video was so poor you really couldn't get much detail to see what was going on. They should've done a direct screen capture instead of being shot by video cam of the screen display. Also, the audio needs to be ran through a good software program to clear up the background noise, pops, etc. Iit is WAY too loud and needs voice normalization.

But at least you get a very rough, general idea of some things.

Silverblade-T-E
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
I suggested the "clipping plane as a mask" a while ago, so it's good to see it put in! *does the Gopher Dance* :p

Chris1106
08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Here's some links to some video of the presentation. I've only watched the first one so far. The new terrain editor options look good. Agreed that they need to wait to release it until it's got most of the bugs worked out.

As i understood the geekatplay people didn't want the link to be posted on other sites yet. Also i can understand the interest in Vue 8 news (as im curious too) their wish should be respected.

suedix
08-16-2009, 10:02 PM
As i understood the geekatplay people didn't want the link to be posted on other sites yet. Also i can understand the interest in Vue 8 news (as im curious too) their wish should be respected.

Sorry - I had no way of knowing that, saw the links posted on another site actually (not geekatplay). Anyway I removed the direct link. People can make their own way to the website if they're interested I'm sure

nPellegrino
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
They should've done a direct screen capture instead of being shot by video cam of the screen display.

We originally wanted to, but we had a few stability problems with the workstation setup this year; mainly it would have slowed us down while presenting.

atti
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Here are some Vue 8 videos, recorded at Siggraph:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/about/event/NewsSiggraph2009.php

calilifestyle
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Sad no discounts to upgrade to 7.5 this year.

dvfx
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Sad no discounts to upgrade to 7.5 this year.

consider yourself lucky.

from what I've read and experienced, older Vue versions work better than 7.5

"upgrade" seems to be a misunderstood word at e-on.

calilifestyle
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah i know but Version 7 has one feature i would like to have. paint eco system on any angle

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.