PDA

View Full Version : shortfilm sequence

brueghel
07-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Hi guys,

I did a first render test for my shortfilm:

a little boy comes out of the door, its hard for him to push the door, then he jumps happily down the stairs and as he looks to the side he is surprised and gets scared because he see his enemies.

http://vimeo.com/5755731

there is only rough lighting, and it seems that there was no smooth preview turned on while rendering, so please don't notice that.
Please tell me what you think about the movement and what I can improve, Im not so familiar with the animation tools in maya. Some movements seems to be very unsmooth and its really hard for me to figure out the according places in the Graph Editor and edit them because there are so many keys and curves...

Simon

mim-Armand
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM
you need really to smooth motions tho
and most thing I noticed is about hands and head, they move unrealistic all!
I'll suggest to record a simulation of that act from yourself or someone or use a source for that to study the correct moves; it can improve your motions alot; or just sketch a 2D sequence of what you look for and polish that while 2D then capture that in 3D;

my 2 cent :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.