PDA

View Full Version : Jagged Brush Problem

olafblomerus
07-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question, not sure if there's an easy answer.

So I'm new to ZBrush, great program, but I'm having trouble emulating the detail I see in training videos with out maxing out my sub division levels first.

I'm using the same brushes (Dam Standard as an example) yet I can't seem to get the smooth lines that, for lack of a better term, cut the "clay" like butter.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Olaf

nPellegrino
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
You can always swap back and forth between the resolution steps. I normally crank up the res and if I need to edit larger areas I go back to a lower res, and then turn it back up, with the unedited area containing the same detail as before.
This can be very useful for smoothing large areas.

The pixel res of the brush can also create pixelation, if too small. But if you are using the same as the training you are watching, then that's probably not it.

If you are not using a wacom tablet, or the like, I HIGHLY suggest you invest in one. ZBrush is much more fun and precise with a tablet. Personaly I can't model worth a crap without mine.

You should probably check your document size too, I usually use a doc size 30% larger than my screen resolution, and sometimes up to twice the size for the aa preview. Remember the doc size does not affect the quality of the tool, nor the textures, just the preview of the scene, and the relative brush size.

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.