PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Modeler Stream

Shade01
07-30-2003, 10:03 PM
There is a streaming modeler demo right now. I haven't seen any new features per se, but I'm seeing tons of little UI and workflow enhancements.

Joviex
07-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Yes, and one thing grabs me, wish the stream was bigger, but, Doesn't it look like the left hand menu is about 1 character wide? Possibly icons? Say it ain't so.

And keeping with tradition, they keep pushing those new dynamics tools instead of anything in new in modeler.

Wish/hope they do more than just show three days of squid on collision objects.

Deam
07-30-2003, 10:11 PM
At the beginning of the stream they said the where going to show Lightwave 7.5 Functions only....
That session...

roguenroll
07-30-2003, 10:12 PM
blast, I'm at work, will have to wait til I get home.:)

Shade01
07-30-2003, 10:12 PM
I think it aint so. I think they were just cutting of the edge of the screen to get as much viewport into the screen as possible.

robinson
07-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Shade01
There is a streaming modeler demo right now. I haven't seen any new features per se, but I'm seeing tons of little UI and workflow enhancements.

Hey shade, can you tell us a few UI and workflow enhancements.
Just came back to the streaming (with the video) where some lucky guy won a Lightwave 7.5 copy. :D
But I heard something about a shortkey (0 Laptop users blablabla...)

Hehe, I don't think you will miss the next thing with the upcomming celshading stuff.:thumbsup:

Shade01
07-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey robinson, the stream was too blury to see small stuff clearly, but the Endomorphs appear to be right click now, there seem to be extra buttons at the top of modeler, and the layers looked to be pulldown now. I saw extra buttons in the Name Surface panel and there is a new button to switch viewport settings at the top. I noticed extra buttons in the display panel too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.