PDA

View Full Version : Showreel 2009

edercarfagnini
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi all,
this is my first showreel. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN-hEPmMWec

http://www.vimeo.com/5696989

Lendor
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Fine work, installment of your reel is brilliant

edercarfagnini
07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks Lendor! I'm glad you like it!

HAGAN3D
07-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Very cool, liked the painting party and Lost actor bust. Awesome.

Nickray3d
07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Very cool / different.

I like the style of it a lot, very different then all the other modeling reels i see on youtube (mostly Vancouver school)

I'd cut the organic title out, the viewers can tell that the characters are organic and it kinda just wastes time in the reel.

I dont know if its the quality of youtube or not but some of the textures seem fuzzy (anti-aliasing maybe)

I'd show wires on the godzilla foot and t-rex models as they spin. I'd say show the texture / bump maps as well but I dont know if thats necessary for what your going for.

The mans bust, without the texture.. its burnt out by the light. you should def show wires on the bust and when you show the close up screens. I'd show the texture map as well, it looks like you put alot of work into it... show it off!

The whole mouse thing kinda kills it in my opinion. It would be a strong modeling reel if you cut that out and just kept it to the characters and props that you have in it.

Hope my 2 cents help you out

edercarfagnini
07-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Thank you, guys!

For nickray3d: Good comments and critics are always usefuls! I didn't show the wires of Godzilla's foot, t-rex head and Benjamin Linus, because the models are very very dense (I imported them directly from zbrush). Instead, the final mouse animation is a old short-movie and I know that it is worse than the rest, but I kept it because I wanted a little animation part in my showreel.

Nintendians
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM
that was very nice demo reel.

etmed
07-28-2009, 10:07 PM
cool timing music with video.... ;)

very nice to watch...

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2009, 10:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.