PDA

View Full Version : August: Topics Discussion

Splinter
07-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Hello to everyone,

It is July 22, 2009 and time to start thinking about possible non-audio topics for the month of July. I have seen a few new faces and hope to see many more. If you are new to the animation mini challenge, I would like to welcome you and encourage anyone, no matter what your experience may be, to join in.

It is once again time to start thinking about topics for next month. If you’re like me, and I am sure many of you will at least agree when I say that I am anxious to start the “Queen of the Rocket men” animation. The “Hardcore Modeling Challenge” is working on the models for us to work with so please be patient. Roberto will no doubt let us know when the time comes when we should expect to run that particular project.

As for right now I hope everyone still has their creative juices flowing. Now is the time to express your opinion for next month’s topic. I invite everyone to participate in the discussion.

Remember to share in a timely fashion because time is a ticking and the month of August is coming around the corner.

In order to grasp and maintain the interest of all the animators out there, this thread is here so that all of our needs, wants, and toughest obstacles show up in the monthly challenge. There needs to be rules in order to keep things fair and in the best interests of the challenge, which is to have FUN and learn from our experiences and peers.

If anyone would like to try and start an "Audio Topic" along side the "Non-Audio" topic please let it be known and suggest what kind of audio (Comedic, Drama, etc...) you would like to see here. I will try to find a clip of audio that will fit the voted on topic.

1. Deadlines are final; anything posted after the set deadlines are void.
2. This thread is meant for suggestion and suggestions only
3. Voting will take place on July 29, 2009, on a completely new thread.
4. Suggestion will no longer be taken after July 28th, at midnight.
5. No inappropriate topics, we have to follow the rules set forth by “cgtalk.com”

Splinter
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Here is a list of the topics that were already used this year:

Frightened
Walk Cycle
Ball Kick
Lifting an object and putting it somewhere
Watching a scary or funny movie

citizenvin
07-23-2009, 07:49 PM
ball kick we can try it..

nagypeti
07-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi!

I would try the fourt one but it would be certainly a difficult role.

Splinter
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I am really sorry guys I didn't mean to confuse anyone, but the topics that I listed are the topics that we have already used. I thought it would be useful to see the old topics. That way we don't have to worry about anyone repeating them. I thought that if I had them listed no one will have to hunt them down themselves. So please feel free to make any other suggestion and try to not use the ones listed in the second post of this thread.

Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

See you later...

Majere
07-25-2009, 12:39 AM
How about going up stairs/ramp? Just a short animation of a character carrying something up steps or an incline.

Could make for some interesting animations.

citizenvin
07-25-2009, 07:04 AM
my suggestion: give the audio sample we can start animate for this.. we have already discussed about this splinter.. for this august it will be interesting.. and then create new thread under august month..

title,name,place.. it will be easy to find others work and discuss..

Splinter
07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
citizenvin - I have every intention on putting the audio clip up as a part of the next session. I was really just hoping that I could get suggestions for what genre should be used. I am not actually going to give the clip up until the first of the month.

Everyone - SO if anyone has any suggestion on the genre for the audio clip please voice them here so that we could vote on them soon.

Thank you,

MikeCR
07-26-2009, 08:19 AM
how about:

1.opening a container (box,can,soda,bottle, etc)
2.opening a locked door
3.slipping
4.falling asleep on a desk (ie class or work)
5.dancing

svelan
07-26-2009, 09:58 AM
How about:

1. Waiting for someone
2. Waiting for the food ordered
3. Trying to show your presence when you are neglected by some one
4. Getting lost some where (showing the confused state of mind)

Splinter
07-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Awesome ideas everyone... I can't wait to find out what next month's topic is going to be.

nagypeti
07-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Great ideas!

… but let me add some supplements:
- We would make a dancing character with freely chosen music style (for example I like instrumental musics)
- or, it could be a singing character (singing for a funny song or a small part of it)
- or, this character could be an imitation of a famous singer.

I like Svelan's ideas especially where the character is waiting for his food...

Vidotto
07-28-2009, 05:38 AM
wow, i liked the mikes dancing ideia with the freely chosen music style, i think that can be a very good study

Majere
07-28-2009, 08:45 AM
i like the idea of making a character sing a song as well!

ivanlancaster
07-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey, really wanted to join in this month but been sick with flu. So next month i'm definately hoping to join in.

I really like the idea of doing a dance animation where we pick our own 10 secs of music. Not really interested in the singing tho as I don't think it will be nearly as expressive/creative...

See you all around!

-ivan

GohanLex
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I like the dance idea...

How abt a Michael Jackson dance??!!

**We can animate anything. Which of his shows/videos we use for reference would be upto the animator.

**Or even better...let us choose one of his best shows/dance moves and everyone animates that one....

I have to admit I'm not much into dance and music myself.
So if u r a fan plz post some video links of what you think is his best.(assuming u like my suggestion of course).

Vidotto
07-28-2009, 05:33 PM
dont know, i think that a michael jacksons dance is unique and almost everyone will make a rotoscopy (dont know if in english the word is right) copy exactly the moves, and its more a copy then a study for me...

svelan
07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I personally feel we should go for more of acting stuff b'cos all of us are in a process of learning things.
So if we are doing a dance then it should not be just a dance. In the dance we need to show really intentions of the character and the characteristics. If we miss that feel then
as Vidotto said its going to be rotoscopy
(frame by frame animation only).

I like MikeCR ideas:
falling asleep on a desk (ie class or work)
opening a container

Hope i didn't confuse!!

Splinter
07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey guys it is time to start voting for the animation topic that you like the best. So please head over the the voting thread and place your vote.

Here is the LINK (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=790723)

nagypeti
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Okay! I voted it! :bowdown:

citizenvin
07-30-2009, 05:23 AM
me too voted.. come on guys vote soon..

Splinter
07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
So far we have a tie, so if you haven't voted yet please do. We only have a couple more days left. This makes things really exciting since we will be getting a new topic soon.

On a side note everyone should check out the "Hardcore Modeling" thread and see how the models are coming out for the "Queen of the Rocket Men" challenge. They are all coming out looking really cool so far.

ivanlancaster
07-31-2009, 03:08 AM
Ok Splinter, it's not tied anymore!! but there's still a bit of time left for more voters :)

Majere
07-31-2009, 05:52 PM
voted, but didn't break the tie, sorry! I am excited to see what the results are though.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2009, 05:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.