PDA

View Full Version : crash

foxjazz
07-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Why does modo crash so much? I am learning it, but when I do stuff in a certain way, crash.

Using 64bit

RKanyama
07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I noticed this as well. It has taught me to save much more!

Magnus3D
07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Why it crashes is difficult to answer, it depends on your hardware, your running background applications, user input failure and bugs in the application can all cause crashes.

The best suggestion i can come with is that you attempt to replicate the crash a couple of times, then file a detailed bugreport to Luxology and let them sort it out.

/ Magnus

foxjazz
07-24-2009, 06:09 AM
I honestly don't remember all I was doing. Mostly file stuff.

I have 8 gigs of ram, and a damn good video card nvidia whatever amd 4 core cpu.

I don't know what it's problem is, other apps seem to do very well without crashing.

Seems to me they devote very little time in testing their product.

And maybe should purchase something like boundschecker or whatever they use these days to find where the memory problems occur in their code.

Erik Heyninck
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
One of the main reasons for crashing is that there's a way to do things and as long as you follow that or stay close to it, it won't crash. But if you want to do things your own way, often based on experience in other apps, you risk a crash.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.