PDA

View Full Version : Dannho - 3d Generalist Reel 2009

dannho
07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Hello everybody!

Recently finished my reel and is the first time I post a video here. Please comment and critique are welcome, feel free to share them and here is the link.
The video is a compress version!!

Thank you all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uo7KxEYCTA

Sorry my bad english!!

danman86
07-22-2009, 07:54 PM
pretty cool reel you have here. I'm not a special effects or VFX guy, but I can tell you what I thought anyways : P

Overall it has a pretty nice flow. I don't think the music choice is a good one however. I'm a Smashing Pumpkins fan, but I don't think your choice of songs fits with your work. To me it seems as thoguh you just threw it in at the end once all the clips were together.

Also, I don't think you need to leave all your "how I did it" clips to the end. It would be fine if they each followed their finished version, just to keep all similar work together. Having them all at the end, forces the viewer to remember what the finished clip looked like. Just my 2 cents though. Nice work regardless :D

dannho
07-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Well!!

Thx for reply and coment!!

David-J
07-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Good reel. Lots of good stuff.

A couple of comments that in my opinion would make it better. First of all it's too long. There is a lot of material you could get rid of and it would make it better. Try to trim it down to around 2 min.
Some architectural shots are too repetitive. They are very good but they are very similar so they are not showing anything new, regarding showcasing your skills. Also I would get rid of the last simulations. They look like WIP, they are not saying anything if you don't have them textured, lit and composite at a final quality level.
Also the shot were the car is avoiding the explosions needs a lot of work. The smoke of the explosions is too dark. Also the way the ground breaks seems off.

Those are my 2 cents. Hope some of it helps.

Good job. Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2009, 12:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.