PDA

View Full Version : Painting in 401

adam|zeliasz
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Is it possible to paint symmetry in Modo 401? Say Im texturing a head and I want to mirror to the other side as I paint. I tried checking on Symmetry in the top menu with little avail.

Also, can you paint to the surface normal of the mesh? I would like the brush to "wrap" around the mesh as I drag paint...

Finally does it support layering like in photoshop?

Thanks!

adam|zeliasz
07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Hmm... since no one seems to know, can you do any of this in 302?

Thanks!

pnoland
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
In 401 you are able to sculpt and paint with symmetry turned on. I just did a quick test and it worked just fine. If you are having trouble getting symmetry to work on your model you may need to use the 'Symmetry Tool' in the geometry menu to make your the model is symmetrical.

I'm not sure about the surface normals question but you are able to paint with layers similar to PhotoShop. You just create new texture maps in the utilities in the paint panel and then adjust the opacity and blend mode on the image maps in your material.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.