PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Demo Reel 2008-09

Hellgaurdian
07-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey guys.. I wanna show u my new modeling Demo Reel.. I hope u like it.. Click on the image to view the video..

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3762/dvdcover.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbJP7KuZFLw)

David-J
07-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Good stuff.

IN my opinion it's a great effort but still needs a lot of work. Great modeling skills.

My concern is that nothing is textured and nowadays that won't cut it. About the car try to improve the shader and go for something unique. Right now it looks like mental ray default car shader. Spend some time texturing all your projects and then present it again. It's going to look ten times better. Also try to trim it shorter. Your reel is too long right now.

Cheers and good luck!

Chanur
07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Your models looks excellent.

It seemed sweet to start with, but then after watching the same model rotate for ages i got bored and kinda already knew what the rest of the reel would be like. Shorten it up and it will be great. A short pose change animation would also looks sweet.

but great stuff m8

Hellgaurdian
07-24-2009, 03:35 AM
David : Thanx David.. Ya i totally agree wit u.. Now a days just modeling wont cut it.. I am learning texturing now. So i ll satrt texturing these models soon.. And wat do u mean by making the shader unique.. U mean like i have to Composite?? Or u mean try using Differnt color and Reflectuve image.. Ok.. I ll also make it shorter.. Thanx a lot..

Chanur : Thanx.. Ya even i felt its a little too long.. And one more mistake that i did is at the end i changed the frame rate from 20 fps to 24 fps.. So it became slower.. And i think i should have edited the demo reel according to the music.. I didnt get wat u meant by "Short pose animation".. Can u let me knw..

Chanur
07-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Well for instance. after you showed the Chimera where the camera spins around, then make a really simple animation of the snakehead tail lash forward etc. Just a little something to make the viewer wanna watch more.

The assasin could also do somekinda stuff so we can see them in motion to. No need for long sequences, just a few seconds where something move hehe. Anyway keep up the work :)

Hellgaurdian
07-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Chanur : Oh ok.. got it.. ya i think i ll do that.. basically u r tellin its always a good idea to do something more than just turntables to maintain the viewers attention.. Thanx.. I ll remember that..

gonkdroid
07-25-2009, 03:07 PM
don't agree. textures are all well and good but not completely necessary.

and i'd skip the animations.

sorry guys ;)

Delta-CG
07-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Definitely would't hurt to be able to texture your own work. Good job. I like it.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2009, 06:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.