PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Backhandspring

Jake894
07-30-2003, 06:04 PM
please critique the animation. Not my model. I know that the hands cut through the floor on the "spring" part, but that's ok. There's no hand rig, or constraints yet. What do ya think?

Jake894
07-30-2003, 06:22 PM
why? does it not work with .avi's or something. Anyway sorry u can't view it. Any help will would be great

Agent D
07-31-2003, 02:10 AM
Attachment size is set at 20K, so if it does allow .AVI upload, it would have to be really small. :shrug:

Jake894
08-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Sorry it took so long. But I got some free web space. If anyone still cares I would really appreciate critiques.

http://www28.brinkster.com/animate3d

Jimzip
08-05-2003, 09:24 AM
There shouldn't be a pause in the middle.
When his hands hit the ground, the weight of his body should cause some movement but he shouldn't slow down in midair. Also, there shouldn't be so much of a gap, generally you launch and land about 3/4 of a body length away on your hands, and then another 3/4-body length back onto your feet.
I realise this is a difficult action to animate, but you can get it right if you've got this far, just tweak that bit where his hands land.

Jimzip :D
A very nice model also, modeled by you?

Jake894
08-05-2003, 02:20 PM
thanks for the reply. i was hoping someone would. nope, not my model got it from the web. i unfortunately can't model worth squat. i had a feeling that the distance was to far. Thanks

Akkalis
08-06-2003, 04:43 AM
When you post your update, and I assume you will post one, could you get rid of the sudden camera zoom? Its hard to actually see the landing because of it. I assume the zoom is there to add some dramatics, but get the motion down first, then get fancy. Its really hard to tell if he lands, or just stops because of the zoom.

Also, in your posing, you might want to consider less 'twinning.' You final pose is nice and dynamic, but all your poses before it both sides of the body are always doing the same thing. Also, is he meant to be pushing back off his hands, or just squatting and springing up with his legs?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.