PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop plugins

andre_alder
07-30-2003, 01:28 PM
hello,

I would like to know what Photshop plugis are avaliable and work in Combustion.
Could you help me, please?

Thanx
AD

Jack Pfeiffer
07-31-2003, 09:09 AM
Hi...

Here are some really good notes about using Native PhotoShop Plug-Ins and After Effects Plug-Ins in Combustion.....

Note that combustion only supports Photoshop and After Effects filters provided as plug-ins by 3rd party developers. The filters that ship with the actual Adobe products cannot be used with combustion. This is a result of the Adobe plug-in specifications, and is NOT a Combustion limitation.

To avoid confusion between the two filter types, it is highly recommended that you install your Adobe filters either directly into the combustion Plugins folder from the original CD, or into a directory other than the Adobe products native plugins directory. Is is also highly recommended that you use After Effects compatible plug-ins with combustion whenever possible.

NOTE THAT MOST Photoshop plug-ins are NOT designed for animation purposes and may give unpredictable results.

Discreet keeps a list of "tested" Plug-Ins at their website here:
http://www.discreet.com/support/combustion/faq/answer.php3?prod=combustion&id=331

Now, here's an EXTRA TIP / TRICK about PhotoShop Plug-Ins that was posted a while ago by some power users, namely Greg Kilpatrick and Lee "Rod" Roderick. (I justed wanted to give these guys the credit they deserve...)

BIG TIP: You can use the native Photoshop plugins in combustion but ONLY if you copy them from Illustrator. If you copy the Illustrator plugin.dll to the combustion folder, and then copy, for instance, the halftone pattern or color halftone filter from the Illustrator plug-ins folder to the plugins/discreet/effects, the filters work perfectly - you can even animate the parameters, NICE. (This has reportedly been tested with using Illustrator 9, combustion 2.01, W2K)

You can now buy an "Advanced Combustion Training" DVD - taught by Lee "Rod" Roderick, Gary Davis and Ken LaRue .... visit the website: http://www.thestreetproductions.com for info...

regards,

jack
denmark

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.