PDA

View Full Version : .:: 2009 Animation Reel ::. (Waaay Overdue)

danman86
07-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Hello all,

This is just a recent pass I made at finally getting a new demo reel together. It has been awhile so hopefully this one looks alright. I've thrown it on here for all of you to see and maybe get some great feedback from some of you. I welcome it all, so please let me know what you think :D

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIpb3fzCcz0

Cheers!

anmKevin
07-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey, not bad! I will say though that some animations seem floaty and weightless, but it's mostly a timing issue. That barbell weight lift...parts of it can easily be sped up 50 percent. When he drops the weight it kinda floats back to the ground. If it had any weight to it, it would probably drop in 3 frames. The one where the orange dude is jumping around is also super floaty. Is he jumping on the moon? Identifying these timing issues can be difficult in your own animation...I have that problem sometimes. I think something is too fast, but others say it should be faster. Play around with the timing to make it more snappy and interesting. Most everything seems good though, that's your one main issue I'd say.

mistasam02
07-22-2009, 09:08 AM
I definitely agree with anmKevin. A lot of it could be sped up. I think your blue guy with weapons displays some solid game animation. Were you working at Cryptic? Where are you now?

danman86
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

amnKevin: I definitely know what you mean in regards to timing and what not. After awhile, everything starts to look the same : P In regards to the character jumping around, it was intended for him to be jumping as thoguh he was on a trampoline. Looking at it though, and with what others have been telling me, I think it still needs some work. I think it will be best to keep it out of this reel for now : )

mistasam02: Sadly no, I do not nor have I ever worked for Cryptic. I think their character rig they offer on their site is a great tool for anyone looking for a nice customizable free rig for 3dsmax. I thoroughly enjoyed using it. And thanks for the props on the cycle animations. It was really my first time sitting down and doing some thoughtout game cycles. I'm glad you liked them. As of now, I am not employed anywhere, thus why I am getting this reel together : )

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.