PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Brush, Stuck in "DragRect" shape

wwswimming
07-21-2009, 12:44 AM
http://www.wwswimming.com/images/stuck-brus2h.jpg

i'm using ZBrush 3.1. i thought i was familiar with 2.5D, i had spent maybe 40 hours just painting & doing RBG-grabs and Depth-grabs using "MRGBZGrabber".

and all of a sudden the brush or whatever - you - call - it goes BONKERS, and the nice sensuous ZBrush brush is gone, and all i have is this wierd brush.

i've had this happen before and i clicked on one of the brushes, to get back to the brush mode. but now it won't go back, if that makes any sense.

the second menu down on the left, labelled "dots" in the screen capture and "3D and 2.5D Sculpting & Poly-Painting strokes" if you open it up - i think that's how i got back to the normal Simple Brush.

it's wierd, if i go to 2.5D strokes on the right, and change it to "Snakehook", it'll do Snakehook properly. but when i go back to Simple Brush, it's stuck with the rectangle.

i closed & re-started the application (ZBrush) & also re-booted & re-started the application.

under "Brush" or preferences i don't find anything that affects it, yet.

anyway, either i got a HUUUUGE bug or it's just a simple little fix of some kind.

gpepper
07-21-2009, 08:10 AM
the brush stay like this even after a Zbrush restart ?

wwswimming
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
the brush stay like this even after a Zbrush restart ?

yes. i can't believe it. it's like it's possessed.

PS found a partial fix - i set Alpha to Brush 01, the round brush with the softly gradated edges.

i must have started ZBrush a few hundred times, never had to do this get into conventional 2.5D mode. oh well.

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.