PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! NEORACE: Doerge, freeform

Doerge
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I'll try as well.

Got around 6 hours a day with nothing to do so why not have a little fun here!

I'm not going to waste time on designing a vehicle or all that, not when we are provided with one.

I shot a panaromaplate with a crappy camera, stitched it together using Hugin and some plugin for it so I got a 180 degrees plate from my balcony!
Placed it in Maya on a cylinder. Locked the camera so it can only rotate, and blocked out a rough camera-rotation. Used googlemaps to build up a very basic representation of the nearby houses, and started to animate a disc through that.

I imagine it to kind of jumping from rooftop to rooftop and maybe I will install some kind of hoops or something, for it to go through.

Also there is a lot of mattepainting to do as well to make it futuristic.

'nuf talking this is the basic idea, and I might change everything :arteest:
Concept Test (http://www.pixelflexness.com/cgtalk/initialTest01.mov)

johs
07-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi Doerge

It's a great idea to use a real panorama photo as environment. If you twist and turn the racetrack around and in between the buildings you got yourself a super cool racetrack.
-I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

cheers

ParamountCell
07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Pretty cool man , I thought of doing this with a jumping robot similar to the Nissan adds, but I thought rigging and animating would be a bit hard for me :( I am looking forward to what you have to show!

Doerge
07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
thanks guys.

I have played all day long with my little scene, so now it invovles 3 racers, a crash, and a hoop at the tall building they have to go through!

I am quite new to particles so I have spent a lot of time researching into that and playing with it.

Going to post an update later today maybe!

Doerge
07-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Update (http://www.pixelflexness.com/cgtalk/Test02.mov)

Quick and dirty mask... It's all going to get better!

No real light in this scene. Just wanted to test those particles, and the overall movement (I'm impatient as hell... hate waiting for renders!)

Telvin_3D
07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
If you are looking to tweak your movement, I'd say to check out the first part where they are approaching the gate. The spheres feel like they lack inertia. Very stop-and-start motion. So, unless your vehicle design is going to have some apparent method of rapid velocity change, the first bit of motion needs some work.

Darknon
07-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Interesting. I couldn't really see where you where going in the begining. But now I get the idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, you're making a racing track through the city right. Will they be on wheels, or flying machines?

I'll definatly keep an eye on this one.

Doerge
07-22-2009, 09:05 AM
@Telvin
You are absolutely right. Thanks. I know nothing about animation so that's very appreciated. I was thinking that they should use the cabins to get the inertia to make the jumps. Like move the cabin in quick motion up... but I will have to see how the model is when I get it from Roberto.

@Darknon
Right now the idea is like a unauthorized street race/parcour where they just use the buildings that are already there and just race across the city. But I'm a little unsure wether to go that way or build an actual track..

HrIsHi
07-26-2009, 11:54 PM
hey!.. cool concept. Parkour in itself is very dynamic, u combine that with a few vehicles n throw them in a race through the city..That- has got to be cool!:drool:

the test looks good, but i think u need to add a lot more movement in there, rite now u have ur machines(for want of a better word to describe the disks) bouncing over rooftops. look at a few parkour videos n u can maybe try nd add some of that stuff in there?...just a thought.n ill tell u straight away i cant animate for nuts! so im jus saying what i Think might look better.

What kind of a vehicle/machine u planning on?.. waiting for updates

RobertoOrtiz
08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
(http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=139&t=799205)
The plug will go live on Saturday Morning

Until then I am NOT looking.
When done Post here:

FXWARS NEO RACE: Post your final Entry! (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=139&t=798450)

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.