PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me some informations about art institute?

Benhur
07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey fellas, Im a novice from China. I learning animation design in college right now,but most of you should know, China is not a quite good place for animation or othe film industry.so i want to change my major to graphic design, now im prepareing go abord to the US and get a MFA degree there, im searching some school informations these days and found there is a art institute. seems it got several schools all over that nation, i found there r art institute of portland, colorado, and seattle... is here anybody tell me what kind of school si that? is that school good? is it hard to be enrolled? and some more informations is needed to me.cause i cant find many informations about this school in chinese webs. Thank you very much!

SuperMario
07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't know about anyone else here, but I would reccommend you try another school. The art institute of atlanta and dc, have both been a horrible experience. Both me and my wife attended each school and it would be better if you tried a different school. They are a private college and they pretty much can do whatever they like. The price is not worth it. I have heard great things about SCAD (Savannah College of Art Design). One of the only teachers that really helped me in my art was an alumni from that school. So just make sure you research as much as possible before deciding where to go.

Also, I'm not sure about the other schools in the Art Institute network.

SpawnofGaea
07-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Hello, I haven't been to any of the campus' but I have had experience with the Art Institute Online. If you are traveling for a good school, this is not it for the price. It is the same price as the good schools. I also heard a lot of good things about SCAD (Savannah College of Art Design). I am not sure what your needs are, but most colleges do teach graphic design. Do you have a particular state in mind? If prices is a factor, I would try York University or Sheridan College in Canada. Great schools for a much better price. I toured the both locations a few years back, I was very impressed.

Best of luck!

Benhur
07-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Hello, I haven't been to any of the campus' but I have had experience with the Art Institute Online. If you are traveling for a good school, this is not it for the price. It is the same price as the good schools. I also heard a lot of good things about SCAD (Savannah College of Art Design). I am not sure what your needs are, but most colleges do teach graphic design. Do you have a particular state in mind? If prices is a factor, I would try York University or Sheridan College in Canada. Great schools for a much better price. I toured the both locations a few years back, I was very impressed.

Best of luck!
thank you very much, seems SCAD is really a great school

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2009, 01:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.