PDA

View Full Version : deinterlacing for tracking

wesdood
07-19-2009, 10:11 PM
I recently got some footage that needs to be tracked. The only problem is that it was shot with a 1080i camera.

I'm going ot be using syntheyes to do the tracking. I've never used it to track interlaced video though, is that going to be a problem? I know there's the interlaced video checkbox, but havn't had any experience using it.

Will there be any problems if I'm going to be putting some CG into the clip since the video is interlaced? What would be the best way to deinterlace some video for tracking? Will there be any noticable loss of quality in the final comp of the shot?

crashd
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
If your source is interlaced then you'll want to de-interlace it prior to doing any work on it, assuming the reason you're working on it is to go to a non-interlaced project of some kind.

You could use the syntheyes de-interlace, the only problem with that is that it's bound to be different to the de-interlace in whatever you're using to comp in, so your results might not match up 100%.

If you have Shake or Nuke i'd suggest de-interlacing in that, unless there's a specific reason why you don't want to :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.