PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demo Reel WIP

Ajouz
07-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, I am putting together a demo reel http://ahmadajouz.com/Reel_ahmadajouz.mov to send out for potential animation job, i need feedback on the order of the work, and if some work doesn't deserve to be in the reel, and whatever you think i should do to make it a stronger one.

Thanks all - I'd appreciate it
Ahmad Ajouz

mistasam02
07-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Hey, I have some advice if you want to use this to try and get a job. The first shot needs to be removed entirely. The animation isn't working at all, timing is insanely slow and confusing, and your first shot NEEDS to be your best work, which this isn't. The talking waffle looking character shows that you know how to rig, but it isn't impressive enough to get a job doing it. It's nice to know you can rig/model/animate, but a place will most likely hire you for only one of those. I think your BEST stuff is the collection of small bubbly characters. Each of them is very well animated and shows that you can make them have different style/personality, which is the strongest part of your reel. I'd put that stuff first. Anyway sorry if this was too harsh. Good luck on the search and keep working on new portfolio pieces!

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2009, 06:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.