PDA

View Full Version : light ignores geometry

farbtopf
07-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi there,

I'm trying to render passes for my scene and I ran into this wired problem.
When rendering beauty all is good and the outcome looks like it should look.
When I render my shadow pass one of my lights seems to disregard one of the walls completely. The light in question is the one circled red. The displayed settings are the only ones I touched. Render in MR maya 2008. The problem occurs on moltiple worstations mac and pc
Oh yes, -It gets a bit wireder, when I reference the scene into another one the problem also occurs in the beauty render.
Shadow and light links say the light is connected to everything... I've created a plane and stuck it in front of the light just to see what happens, -nothing the light still seems to go through everything.
I've deleted the lights and recreated them, -nothing. My next step is to export every object in my scene and strip it of any trash nodes to see if that helps.
I'm a bit at a loss here so if anyone has any ideas that'll be great.

cheers

farbtopf
07-19-2009, 05:27 PM
hi, ok sorry

disregard the thing about referencing, I was ired and stupid and didn't see that after referencing I rendered with maya software instead of MR..
Still con't figure out why the shadow pass doesn't work with the light though.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2009, 05:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.