PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel June 2009

Jyun88
07-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Justin and I just graduated from Full Sail University with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation. This is my first reel as a Character Modeler. Please feel free to leave comments and critiques. If you are interested, you can check out more of my work on my website at JustinJYun.com

Thank you.

http://www.vimeo.com/5631921

cgworks
07-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Justin and I just graduated from Full Sail University with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation. This is my first reel as a Character Modeler. Please feel free to leave comments and critiques. If you are interested, you can check out more of my work on my website at JustinJYun.com

Thank you.

http://www.vimeo.com/5631921
very good topology awsome work man if you were in greece i would hire you on the spot keep up the good work briliant

doffer
07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Ha! Loved the last scene with the robots pointing guns at each other. Super sweet staging, posing and of course modeling!

Super sweet reel all in all. Great work!

anim8tedtoon
07-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Well first of i just wanted to say congrats on graduating. I went thru fullsail myself and I know the joy of finally getting that demo put together at DRC. Your work is well put together and your edge flow is superb. I really like the last piece because it has more dynamic and tell a story as well. My only critique would be the last shot that all character are not textured. I know it can be tough to do that with the time you have during CAP and DRC but I hope you come back to it afterward and add that detail to your characters to really make them stand out.

Good luck with the job hunt

Jyun88
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Thank you for all for the compliments. I really hope this reel caught your attention and maybe have it shared around :). I am currently interning at Full Sail modeling for Mocap, so hopefully my next reel will have a little animation on it.

very good topology awsome work man if you were in greece i would hire you on the spot keep up the good work briliant
Thank you, I kinda wished I lived in Greece now lol. If you'd like, i would love to talk about that job :).

Ha! Loved the last scene with the robots pointing guns at each other. Super sweet staging, posing and of course modeling!

Super sweet reel all in all. Great work!
Thank you I really enjoyed working on the last scene.

Well first of i just wanted to say congrats on graduating. I went thru fullsail myself and I know the joy of finally getting that demo put together at DRC. Your work is well put together and your edge flow is superb. I really like the last piece because it has more dynamic and tell a story as well. My only critique would be the last shot that all character are not textured. I know it can be tough to do that with the time you have during CAP and DRC but I hope you come back to it afterward and add that detail to your characters to really make them stand out.

Good luck with the job hunt
Thank you for pointing that out. I am planning on texturing my assets on my next reel. I don't have any excuses, but the thing about the second and third assets is that they were made during DRC. I didn't like the two of the three I made in CAP so I made two new assets.

Thank you all again for your responses.

CGOutcast
07-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Very cool reel, liked the vibe of it a lot, the only thing i can say about it would be the last scene with the robots, it was hard to distinguish, like is that an arm, a leg, a body, ya know just got a lil confusing. I would just do some lighting tricks to get the viewers attention focused where you want them to be, still a cool reel, good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2009, 08:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.