PDA

View Full Version : r|shaders update on development, release, pricelist, and future, with some images

rebelthink
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I'd like to update the community about the development phase of r|shaders collection for 3ds max.
I just updated the website with the final development timeline, the pricelist to pre-order it now or buy it when it will be released, some information about the future release and some technical test rendered image to see it in action. Actually I just finished to prepare Ice, Snow and Ocean beta release and I'm working at the license manager to have it deliverable in 2 weeks.
Soon I'll post more images and more infos about Snow land, Ice land and Sand shaders.Special discount for pre-orders and Natural:shaders crossgrade.

More informations at : http://www.alessandrocangelosi.com/html/products.html

duke
07-21-2009, 02:25 AM
What renderers are these compatible with?

rebelthink
07-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi, I'm testing it with Scanline, Mental Ray, VRay, FinalRender and Brazil, and for the moment I've found no bugs. The shader will be optimized to work with all the rendering engine with no problems.

Thanks

Magnus3D
07-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I remember the old version, it looked great back then. This new one with all it's updated and added stuff looks like it's gonna be even better. Please post exampleimages as soon as possible, lots of them because i'd really like to see this new one in action and what it's capable of.

Keep up the good work!

/ Magnus

rebelthink
07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks. I'm trying to create a strong base version better than Natural:shaders, and then move a very interesting future feature set.

Magnus3D
07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
That sounds like a good idea. Something that would be very nice is if these were compatible with Maxwell Render 2.0 when it arrives, i understand that it might not be possible because the shadersystems are so different and also it could be problematic implementing it with Maxwell, however it would still be great if it were possible somehow.

/ Magnus

rebelthink
07-21-2009, 10:12 AM
It would be interesting, and it will depends on how will be the new version of Maxwell. I was planning to release a MetaSL version next year....who knows maybe it can help...

Magnus3D
07-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Indeed it would be good if you could do a port to Maxwell 2.0 later on. That new MetaSL thing you mentioned, what's that going to be ? it's probably best to focus on releasing your new shaders first and then see what's happening with Maxwell 2.0 and if anything can be done for it, and also if there's interest in the userbase. If so then it could be a good idea to port it if it's possible.

Anyhow i'm looking forward to see what your new shaderpack can do :)

/ Magnus

rebelthink
07-21-2009, 10:30 AM
It can be interesting the porting, I've only to understand how many potential client can needs it. The MetaSL version will give me the possibility to create a version that can be used on realtime viewport also, and that can be ported to other market like videogames or something like that.

Magnus3D
07-21-2009, 10:42 AM
True, you need a rough estimate on how many possible new users it would give you before you start developing for any other thirdparty renderengines. Oh hm MetaSL does sound interesting, we'll wait and see what happens with it later on as developement progresses further.

Btw, i noticed you have the Tessendorf method on your to-do list. Some powerful stuff can be done with that, realistic oceanwave simulation is one of the things that comes to mind. :)

/ Magnus

rebelthink
07-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes, that's true. For the moment I'm working on a procedural wave generator for the bump and the displacement, but I'll adopt the Tessendorf in the next release, and I hope it will become a very good plugin to manage sea and ocean environment.

rebelthink
07-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Just a little new update. In a few days I'll post some new images for the Ocean, Ice and Snow shaders to release the 1st beta. In August will be released for sure Sand, Ice Land, Snow Land, and maybe Magma shader.

I think to add a new offer, who will pre-order now will pick a complete update program until version 2.0 completely for free.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2009, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.