PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Character Toolset

Julez4001
07-29-2003, 11:12 PM
First off, according to the videos.
This is well worth the upgrade.

Bone Dynamics

They have a octopus with 6 bone IK chains moving in realtime and being effected by by Dynamics. That alone, makes me happy for character tools.

40 Undos in Layout

Wire deformations
They had a object of a series of monkey and they moving in a snale like fashion.

Realtime cloth dynamics
including cutting cloth with a "scissor" nulls.

Motion Drive is the new version of MotionDesigner

Bones are effected by object/wind/particle dynamics

Hypervoxel in opengl is kool but no mention of a faster render engine for it. So it looks kool but does t render fast?

Joril
07-30-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Julez4001
They have a octopus with 6 bone IK chains moving in realtime and being effected by by Dynamics. That alone, makes me happy for character tools...

WOOHOO
Though I hope this wasn't on some monster-pc with a low polygon model ;)

Shade01
07-30-2003, 02:12 AM
I'd like to know the specs of that machine they use to demo on. I want to know if those are real world speed improvements or the benefit of top of the line computer equipment, which I don't have.

gruvsyco
07-30-2003, 02:16 AM
Shade:

If I had to take a guess, they are probably running a top of the line Boxx (partner).

I would also venture to say that some of the speed you see is programming. Newtek has taken a beating from it's users in regards to realtime features in Layout. I suspect they are doing their best to accomodate.

powerwave3d
07-30-2003, 02:22 AM
Anyone seen any type of tool in Modeler that compares to the current 3rd party Rounder plugin inside of 8?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.